School me on google now launcher vs moto voice?

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I installed the google now launcher to be able to use the 'ok google' commmand from home screen, etc. However, it was not cooperating since when I went to retrain in the settings, it somehow didn't seem to light up when I said 'ok google' The red symbol would just stay static, it was like the microphone wasn't on or something. Pressing the voice button in the search bar worked just fine.

So I looked at the moto voice commands. I changed that back to the recommended 'ok google now'. Now I can easily use the moto commands from lock screen, etc just by saying 'ok google'. When I want to search something, I just say 'ok google' and it opens the moto voice launcher, it doesn't recognize what i said as a command, and opens google search. It works, but a little delay because it is going through the moto voice launcher.

1. Is there any way for these two systems to co-exist? Use it like I am using now?

2. I feel as if I am running duplicate voice recognition setups which I would prefer not to do.

3. Any thoughts as to why my google now launcher app was jacked up and not letting me retrain the voice? It wouldn't work from the homescreen, etc...now it does but circuitously through the moto voice app since the phrase is basically the same.

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Let your moto voice command be the primary source. It listens even when the phone is off and it uses Google now for all heavy lifting. Best of both worlds. Turn Google now from any screen off otherwise it interferes with the camera or moto voice

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Let your moto voice command be the primary source. It listens even when the phone is off and it uses Google now for all heavy lifting. Best of both worlds. Turn Google now from any screen off otherwise it interferes with the camera or moto voice

Ok thanks. I should keep the google now launcher though right? I like being able to swipe to the left of my homescreen to my google now homepage.

Also, should I leave the first option in the google now launcher on? The "from google search app" option?

So the standard procedure will be the moto voice launcher opens to the blue screen and if it isn't a moto command, it sends it right to the google search correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc