So until the recent Verizon update, my phone was working fine. Now I cannot hear during calls. Incoming or outgoing, it's the same. Earpiece is dead. People on the other end say they can hear me. When I put the phone on speaker, it works fine. I can listen to music through the speaker just fine. It's just during calls and using the earpiece.

I've called both Verizon and Motorola and the only thing they can do is send me a like-new replacement. I refuse to accept one seeing as how I've had the phone less than a month. The phone hasn't even been out for two months! Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix it or how to get a brand new replacement?

Thank You
    12-24-2014 04:40 PM
    1) The "replace with new" period is about 2 weeks with most phones. And a refurb might be 5 minutes old. If you buy the phone, get to your car, then change yor mind, that phone ends up as a refurb. (Selling it as new is illegal,) I'm on a refurb Note 3 and have been for about a year. Rooted, Safestrapped, ran many ROMs on it, abused it software-wise and I'm not taking any chances jinxing it by telling you how it's working, since it's past warranty.

2) It sounds like a new Lollipop bug. There might be a point update to fix it.
    12-24-2014 04:57 PM
    1) The "replace with new" period is about 2 weeks with most phones. And a refurb might be 5 minutes old. If you buy the phone, get to your car, then change yor mind, that phone ends up as a refurb. (Selling it as new is illegal,) I'm on a refurb Note 3 and have been for about a year. Rooted, Safestrapped, ran many ROMs on it, abused it software-wise and I'm not taking any chances jinxing it by telling you how it's working, since it's past warranty.

2) It sounds like a new Lollipop bug. There might be a point update to fix it.
    The Droid Turbo didn't get Lollipop yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2014 06:09 PM
    I would argue with Motorola. They sent me a brand new phone. All I did was specifically ask for one. Granted I had the phone for only a few days.
    12-24-2014 06:30 PM