So I received a brand new Droid turbo 3 weeks ago, was very pleased, it worked great, everything was fine for about 6 days. Then the phone battery died one night, as tends to happen, no big deal. I plugged it in when I got home, woke up and found the phone not charging, not turning on, not responding. I took it to the Verizon store and they gave me a new one as it was not dropped, no water damage, just a defect.

Fast forward to last night, the phone dies again after two weeks of working fine but never dying (I always charged it before the battery ran out fully), this morning I plug it in annnnnnnnnd nothing. Not charging, not turning on, nothing the exact same thing.

I can only assume either I got unholy lucky and received two brand new phones with the exact same defect or this is a perpetual problem where if the phone fully runs out of battery it cannot be recharged.........has anyone else had this problem?
    12-27-2014 11:40 AM
    So I received a brand new Droid turbo 3 weeks ago, was very pleased, it worked great, everything was fine for about 6 days. Then the phone battery died one night, as tends to happen, no big deal. I plugged it in when I got home, woke up and found the phone not charging, not turning on, not responding. I took it to the Verizon store and they gave me a new one as it was not dropped, no water damage, just a defect.

Fast forward to last night, the phone dies again after two weeks of working fine but never dying (I always charged it before the battery ran out fully), this morning I plug it in annnnnnnnnd nothing. Not charging, not turning on, nothing the exact same thing.

I can only assume either I got unholy lucky and received two brand new phones with the exact same defect or this is a perpetual problem where if the phone fully runs out of battery it cannot be recharged.........has anyone else had this problem?
    How is the power quality in your house? Have you experienced this with other electronic devices? Any magnets or other interference in the house? Are you using the supplied charger?
    12-27-2014 12:01 PM
    Are you using a Qi charger? (Wireless)
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-27-2014 02:04 PM
    How far are you letting the battery drain? Letting the battery even almost completely die each time is not good for the phone. But, sounds like you may have a faulty electrical connection possibly shorting out the phone.
    12-30-2014 02:30 PM
    This happened to me twice. When it does this try holding in the power and volume up button.
    12-30-2014 07:59 PM
    Use only the stock turbo charger to charge the phone.
    12-30-2014 08:25 PM

WOW, That is almost exactly what happened with my wife's new turbo. Mine has been perfect since day one. Her third one is fine though.
    12-31-2014 11:03 AM
    This exact same thing is happening to me. Any suggestions? I'm thinking it may be the turbo charger.

01-25-2015 07:05 AM
    How far are you letting the battery drain? Letting the battery even almost completely die each time is not good for the phone. But, sounds like you may have a faulty electrical connection possibly shorting out the phone.
    Why is it not good for the phone to let the battery discharge all the way?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-25-2015 08:31 AM
    Why is it not good for the phone to let the battery discharge all the way?
    It's not that it's bad for the phone - it's bad for lithium-ion battery packs to be regularly discharged fully. The good news is that circuitry in the phone will prevent a full discharge - there is always a little charge left when it tells you there is none - but it's much better for the battery pack (which you cannot replace in the phone, or at least no easily) to have a lot of smaller charge cycles than fewer larger charge cycles, particularly close to full charge cycles.

See How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    01-25-2015 10:05 AM
    Use only the stock turbo charger to charge the phone.
    Why? I've been using my maxx HD charger for a couple months, and the battery actually seems better since using it.
    01-26-2015 09:13 PM
    Why? I've been using my maxx HD charger for a couple months, and the battery actually seems better since using it.
    Because at the time that the post was written, many people had reporting battery problems like the OP was reporting. Masny people who had this problem who started using the turbo charger rather than other charging methods stopped having so many problems with charging. It seemed like good advice at the time.
    01-26-2015 09:27 PM