My phone was fantastic until I did the update. Before the update I never had a problem with the volume being low in the earpiece but after the update I could hardly hear the other person. I turned off advance calling and that seemed to solve that issue. However, now my volume indicator on both the ringer and notifications turns off on it's own. I only discovered the problem when I was getting voice messages due to not hearing the phone ring and not hearing a notification that I received a text. This has happened a few times in the last week. The quality of my calls is also worse. I have multiple instances where the phone will not dial a number and I have to keep retrying until it finally does dial the number. I have lots of dropped calls or no service. Also, sometimes I get a lot of static on the line. While I can hear the person on the other end clearly, I am told that I keep cutting out. Sadly, I am seriously considering returning the phone now as I have until the end of next week to do so. I love the battery, the moto assist and the screen, but if the phone doesn't function as a phone it is of no use to me.
    12-27-2014 11:07 PM
    If you got the update over the air, bring the phone to Verizon company store and ask them to please fix or replace it. (The price of the phone includes a replacement warranty.)
    12-27-2014 11:47 PM
    My phone was fantastic until I did the update. Before the update I never had a problem with the volume being low in the earpiece but after the update I could hardly hear the other person. I turned off advance calling and that seemed to solve that issue. However, now my volume indicator on both the ringer and notifications turns off on it's own. I only discovered the problem when I was getting voice messages due to not hearing the phone ring and not hearing a notification that I received a text. This has happened a few times in the last week. The quality of my calls is also worse. I have multiple instances where the phone will not dial a number and I have to keep retrying until it finally does dial the number. I have lots of dropped calls or no service. Also, sometimes I get a lot of static on the line. While I can hear the person on the other end clearly, I am told that I keep cutting out. Sadly, I am seriously considering returning the phone now as I have until the end of next week to do so. I love the battery, the moto assist and the screen, but if the phone doesn't function as a phone it is of no use to me.
    What you said.
    12-28-2014 06:46 PM