01-04-2015 07:15 PM
34 12
tools
    Is there a way to shut off the sound notification for emails only? I still would like the sound notification for text messages only.
    I am not familiar with the specific app however, look in the settings, many apps allow you to set if you want sound and or vibrate. Failing that, you can disable notifications from the app altogether in the app manager

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    12-31-2014 04:13 PM
    I am not familiar with the specific app however, look in the settings, many apps allow you to set if you want sound and or vibrate. Failing that, you can disable notifications from the app altogether in the app manager

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Another stupid question. Where is the "app manager" ?
    12-31-2014 06:30 PM
    I don't have a turbo, but Probably...

Settings - apps - app manager

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    12-31-2014 06:38 PM
    I don't have a turbo, but Probably...

Settings - apps - app manager

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    When I go to apps the only headings are downloaded, running, all, and disabled.When I tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner I only get "sort by size" and reset app preferences.
    12-31-2014 06:43 PM
    The app manager is simply the Settings>Apps menu. If you select an app in that menu, you should see info about the app, and there should also be a checkbox for "Show notifications." If you uncheck that box, that app won't give you notifications. Certain apps won't let you turn this off (like, for example the phone dialer), but most will.
    01-01-2015 02:44 AM
    Is there a way to shut off the sound notification for emails only? I still would like the sound notification for text messages only.
    Yes, you can do this. Open your email app and then open 'settings', (3 vertical dots on top right). Then open the email account you want to configure. Scroll down to 'notification settings'. Leave 'email notifications' checked so you will get the visible notification in your status bar (top of your screen with the time, battery level, etc.). Scroll down again to 'choose ringtone' and open. From there you want to choose 'none' (silent). You can configure each of your email accounts individually to suit your preferences.

It might be helpful if you stopped by a Verizon store and asked one of the folks that has a Turbo to spend just a few minutes going over some Android / Turbo basics with you. It really is not as confusing as it is appearing to you, once you get an overview of the basics.
    01-01-2015 08:44 AM
    I'm not sure you ever got this resolved but reading/deleting email on your phone and not on your server is pretty easy. I have 2 tablets, a smart phone, and my main home PC that all access the same email account and I get email at all locations. All use POP3. I have the 2 tablets and smart phone selected to NEVER delete off server. I have my main computer selected to delete off server after 14 days. This works well and allows all server email to be delivered to all the devices/places I like to read my email. Oh, another thing I do is since I use my main computer to handle and save important emails, I have the 2 tablets and smart phone set to automatically blind CC myself if I reply to an email... this allows me to save the reply I made from one of my Android devices to my main computer so I have a record of it
    01-04-2015 04:08 PM
    I'm not sure you ever got this resolved but reading/deleting email on your phone and not on your server is pretty easy. I have 2 tablets, a smart phone, and my main home PC that all access the same email account and I get email at all locations. All use POP3. I have the 2 tablets and smart phone selected to NEVER delete off server. I have my main computer selected to delete off server after 14 days. This works well and allows all server email to be delivered to all the devices/places I like to read my email. Oh, another thing I do is since I use my main computer to handle and save important emails, I have the 2 tablets and smart phone set to automatically blind CC myself if I reply to an email... this allows me to save the reply I made from one of my Android devices to my main computer so I have a record of it
    I also have my phone set to never delete from server but it still does. I'll learn to live with it I guess.
    Thanks.
    01-04-2015 06:32 PM
    I also have my phone set to never delete from server but it still does. I'll learn to live with it I guess.
    Thanks.
    +1
    01-04-2015 07:15 PM
34 12