Did the little bit of red on the front bottom bezel annoy people as much as it did me? I ended up with the BN version, mainly because of this distraction but also wanted the 64G and I liked the feel of BN (even though I then slapped a CaseLogic Naked Tough on it).

I think if the screen/front isn't edge-to-edge or black you get distracted a bit too much - I've always thought that of the white phones personally and I realize its a preference but the fire engine red seems even extra distracting.

I'd like an edge-to-edge turbo in red absolutely but eh, just curious as I'm bored on the train this morning saw a person with a red one and it reminded me of this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2014 06:30 AM
    I'm a low key kinda guy and prefer my phone to be "all business"; therefore, I always want a black phone, and didn't care for the red offering. So I guess that's a "yes" to your original question, since all of the red bothered me

Just my preference of course.
    12-29-2014 10:02 AM
    Personally, I kind of liked the red when I first saw it in the store. Even the chin. But my desire for a Ballistic Nylon back outweighed any possibility of me going that route. I really like the feel of the BN. Plus no fingerprints...

Going Ballistic from my Nexus 9...
    12-29-2014 10:26 AM
    When choosing a phone, I look for something that I will like to look at for the next two years. I also like a phone that won't draw unnecessary attention; bright colored items tend to be stolen more often. So when I chose my Turbo in ballistic nylon, I got the color that I wanted with the storage option that I wanted.

The red version of the Turbo just wasn't me either. I'm a businessman, I'm in an office environment... I'll stick with the black.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    dungoyle likes this.
    12-29-2014 10:45 AM
    My brother and I both picked up the BN version. My mom got the red one and although I like my phones dark, the red one isn't too bad. I actually like it. If there was an option for that color in 64GB, I might've picked that one instead.

dmark44 and HPBolt like this.
    12-29-2014 03:05 PM
    Funny thing is one of my favorite color combinations is black and red. I wished they would of done a black/red checkered design on the nylon one, it would of been awesome for me, lol
    12-29-2014 04:25 PM
    Yeah a black/red version would have been a good combination. Some of the original photos of the red turbo looked awesome. In person though, the metallic glass back looked dated, even in black, but more evident in the lighter shade red.

I am surprised there's no "***** marking" on the phone anywhere. The Sony X3 white has a Verizon brand on the chin and back, which was god awful despite the silver etching of it.

Might have been nice if the BN version had a red moto dimple as well, to compliment the 64G highlight on the bottom.

If it just had a better speaker, ugh ...

12-30-2014 06:06 AM
    Yeah a black/red version would have been a good combination. Some of the original photos of the red turbo looked awesome. In person though, the metallic glass back looked dated, even in black, but more evident in the lighter shade red.

I am surprised there's no "***** marking" on the phone anywhere. The Sony X3 white has a Verizon brand on the chin and back, which was god awful despite the silver etching of it.

Might have been nice if the BN version had a red moto dimple as well, to compliment the 64G highlight on the bottom.

If it just had a better speaker, ugh ...

There is a black and red bn version. Its the employee edition. It has red trim around the screen and around the camera.

12-30-2014 06:17 AM
    I thought the BN was awesome looking so i got the 64gig. My problem is that the nylon is actually slicker to me than the other version. So i had to buy a case to put on it so i didnt drop it.

12-30-2014 07:17 AM
    IMO .. and I'm biased, the Blue BN is the best one. Its an awesome color. All the better parts of the BN (the BN itself, and the "softer" trim around it), but still has color to it.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-30-2014 03:48 PM