What's the massive grill at top for?

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Its obvious the biggest shortcoming IMHO of the turbo is the poor speaker, despite being front facing. The maxx had a much better speaker even though it was rear facing, however I use Bluetooth speakers and headphones often and the sound quality on moto devices and equalizer is far superior to others.

That said, what's the large grill on the top actually for? Is it just a "fake out" to make you think its all the speaker ... You can clearly see two smaller grills flanking the larger one on the bottom left and right.

Posted via the Android Central App

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Its obvious the biggest shortcoming IMHO of the turbo is the poor speaker, despite being front facing. The maxx had a much better speaker even though it was rear facing, however I use Bluetooth speakers and headphones often and the sound quality on moto devices and equalizer is far superior to others.

That said, what's the large grill on the top actually for? Is it just a "fake out" to make you think its all the speaker ... You can clearly see two smaller grills flanking the larger one on the bottom left and right.

There are 2 speakers under the grill at the top. When looking at the phone, On the right is the earpiece phone speaker. On the left is the speakerphone/media speaker. As far as I know there are no speakers at the bottom of the phone.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping the turbo would be as loud as the maxx, but its not... Still a lot louder than my note 3 was, but not as good as the maxx

BlackDragon22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Also - turning off the equalizer helps make the sound clearer and a bit louder

Settings - sound - audio effects (if you disabled audio effects, enable the app again and then turn it off. If you disable it, it may kick the equalizer off, but I'm not positive)

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 speakers under the grill at the top. When looking at the phone, On the right is the earpiece phone speaker. On the left is the speakerphone/media speaker. As far as I know there are no speakers at the bottom of the phone.

Yeah that's what I meant "on bottom of the large grill" ... The question was that large metallic strip at the top, looking like a speaker, isn't, it seems to fake you out to thinking its a larger speaker than there actually is.

I agree, turning off the equalizer helps a lot ... I didn't notice much difference with the firmware update though, but I didn't really test before and after to tell.

I still don't know what the large grill is for though, maybe its just a vent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo