Droid Life Article: Top Android Phones of 2014

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My point for the top phone of the year... a bit off the path... The Moto G.

Yes... I know... slower processor, light on RAM and storage... lack of LTE.... If this was just a spec contest and nothing more, then yeah, the G wouldn't have any place being mentioned in the same sentence.

But the way I look at it. My pick for phone of the year was one that had the biggest impact. And when I look at the G, I see beyond the specs. I see an extremely capable phone that meets most of the general public's needs, wrapped in an attractive package and priced at a point that is often less than the subsidized price of many of the top tier flagships. The nearest high-end version of that is the OnePlus One... but that phone is built and sold by a dumpster fire of a company and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

The G is the People's Phone. :) If I had to buy a phone for my kids, or recommend one for my father.... or someone who sees mobile phones as appliances (which most do from near as I can tell) and not some all-powerful multi-media warehouse.... I'd say "Get a Moto G".

Other than that... they're all great phones.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
they are. I recently grabbed a droid turbo and have been SO happy coming off a GS5. Almost stock Android out of the box and so speedy. Form factor is great (although I really, really wish the Turbo had The Dimple). Display, radios, battery, ad nauseum. I'm on VZW obviously, my GS5 was stolen so the Turbo was cheap after insurance. But I'd pay full retail for the current Moto lineup. Great phones IMHO (I too almost got a HTC M8 last year - great phone as well).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt