Anyone else have WeMo installed on their Droid Turbo?

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I cannot do the remote access with my WeMo app. I can power devices on and off while connected to my WiFi network, but once I am away from it or not connected to it, I can't do anything. It simply keeps denying me when I try to enable remote access, and I've reset/rebooted/etc. just about every combination possible to try and get it right. Meanwhile, my wife's Maxx is fine and has no issues whatsoever.

I'm just curious if i"m the one one with this issue or not.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I cannot do the remote access with my WeMo app. I can power devices on and off while connected to my WiFi network, but once I am away from it or not connected to it, I can't do anything. It simply keeps denying me when I try to enable remote access, and I've reset/rebooted/etc. just about every combination possible to try and get it right. Meanwhile, my wife's Maxx is fine and has no issues whatsoever.

I'm just curious if i"m the one one with this issue or not.

Saw your thread about this on Connectedly. Sorry it took me so long, they keep me pretty busy at CB. ;) Anyways I THINK I may know what is up, or a possible idea of the problem. It sounds like a firewall issue to me. Now I'm not aware of Android having a built in firewall, but perhaps Motorola added something to the Turbo's ROM? Anyways you might want to poke around in the security settings and see if there is a firewall section or something like that. Also I wonder if you need to do anything on your router at home to allow specific devices? I highly doubt it though. Does the WeMo have a PC configuration app? If so check it and make sure you don't need to authorise devices within it also. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star