Mobile data loss

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Posted a few days ago in the bugs section but it has gotten worse. Having an issue where the phone is losing mobile data connection after screen is off for a few minutes. This happens when wifi is on as well. 4G/3G icon disappears from the top and only wifi strength and phone bars are displayed when at home. If I leave the house I have to restart the phone to get it to connect to the mobile data network again. There is no handoff back to the mobile network. This has only happened since the update and HD calling is turned off. Pulled SIM for 10 minutes and still hasn't helped.

Any ideas before I do a FDR?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Posted a few days ago in the bugs section but it has gotten worse. Having an issue where the phone is losing mobile data connection after screen is off for a few minutes. This happens when wifi is on as well. 4G/3G icon disappears from the top and only wifi strength and phone bars are displayed when at home. If I leave the house I have to restart the phone to get it to connect to the mobile data network again. There is no handoff back to the mobile network. This has only happened since the update and HD calling is turned off. Pulled SIM for 10 minutes and still hasn't helped.

Any ideas before I do a FDR?
Usually, you can toggle Airplane Mode on then off to reestablish a data connection. As you shouldn't have to do this all the time, I would suggest a factory reset to see if that clears out any issues related to the update. Make sure you backup all your data as necessary, and see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't, contact Verizon to see if there's anything on their end they can do to assist.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Did the full reset and now it has not lost the data signal in over 24 hours. What I did notice though is that call quality is great again. When I go in to advanced calling it shows that I have to activate on the site which I did previously so not sure what's going on there.

On a side note if anyone does do a full reset make sure your nova backup is not stored locally lol