01-08-2015 11:53 PM
61 123
tools
    01-01-2015 12:10 PM
    Yup...

For those out there that haven't signed up in the Motorola Mobility Droid Turbo's forum, now would be a good time.
    01-01-2015 12:22 PM
    The longer we have to wait for the update ...... The less likely it will be buggy when we get it....

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 12:53 PM
    The longer we have to wait for the update ...... The less likely it will be buggy when we get it....
    That is officially the funniest thing I've heard all year

I refer you to this...
    01-01-2015 01:00 PM
    I'm banking on the soak test to last just a couple days... Hoping.

01-01-2015 01:25 PM
    I really believe that the longer we have to wait the more time it gives them to find and work out the bugs..

01-01-2015 02:01 PM
    I really believe that the longer we have to wait the more time it gives them to find and work out the bugs..

While I generally agree with your statement, we have to start somewhere so I am ready. If you want to get right down to it Kit Kat still has bugs depending on your configuration. Hit me with Lolly!
    KPMcClave and ConTejas like this.
    01-01-2015 02:38 PM
    Didn't I just read they confirmed some sort of memory leak/bug with L a few days ago?
    01-01-2015 02:51 PM
    Hope they find and fix more before we get it

01-01-2015 09:27 PM
    I happy with the phone as is. Given a choice I'd leave it this way.
    01-01-2015 10:16 PM
    While I generally agree with your statement, we have to start somewhere so I am ready. If you want to get right down to it Kit Kat still has bugs depending on your configuration. Hit me with Lolly!
    Exactly. Any update is likely to have some bugs for some subset of the folks who get it. There's just no way to account for all the various ways we adjust our phones and the various apps we use and don't use. No two phones are alike, probably literally.

The legend is that the 2013 Droids got updates quickly. In reality, it is true that we got KitKat 4.4 sooner than most, but then we sat and waited while incremental updates were released before we finally leapfrogged to 4.4.4 a good number of months down the line. When I point this out in response to the not-the-whole-story "quick updates" legend, people generally respond with excuses about the incremental bumps having issues so Moto just waited. That's true of course, but it ignores that any update will have bugs (and probably full version updates would have the biggest), so it's really not an excuse.

Anyway, no matter when we get it it won't be perfect for all of us, so let's go.
    Bob Maida and ChuckG73 like this.
    01-01-2015 11:57 PM
    So has anyone actually gotten a soak test invite yet? I know I haven't , granted not everyone that signs up gets a invite .
    01-02-2015 09:30 AM
    Put this in the rumor mill tacitly confirmed mill:

Motorola DROID Turbo Lollipop Update: Going To Happen Soon? – Autoomobile
    Saw the same article. Pretty sure this publication doesn't know what it is talking about. This news would have hit AC and DroidLife by now if it were actually happening.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-02-2015 10:08 AM
    Yeah, not to be a wet dog, but unless someone has received an invite, hard to believe this site scooped every other Android news site 4 days ago and not a peep since then.

Would be gladly wrong though
    TechCaptain and anon(9227267) like this.
    01-02-2015 10:53 AM
    Loving my Turbo the way it is, will gladly wait till they get lollipop right rather than dealing with memory leaks and a draining battery.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    01-02-2015 11:28 PM
    I agree the phone works just fine and hopefully the camera will get a software update.. In the interim people need to get a life and go on..Let it be.....the update will come when it comes

anon(9227267) likes this.
    01-03-2015 12:31 AM
    Unless there is some break through feature, such as telling me when it's time to trim my ear hairs, I'm fine with my phone and can wait for LP.

01-03-2015 12:47 PM
    While I understand what KPMcClave and others are saying in regards to fast updates, coming from where I did, they're leaps and bounds better than what I dealt with previously. Up until my Droid Maxx, I primarily used HTC phones, then went to the Galaxy S3, before coming to Moto. I knew the radios were better on the Motorola phones, but couldn't deal with MotoBlur. Once they started down the near stock Android road, I jumped. Now for the most part I'm seeing updates in a few months rather than 6 months to a year. No we didn't get updates for some of the KK versions, but they we essentially dealt with the HeartBleed issue. And most seemed to cause more issues than they solved. I'm OK skipping minor updates for a larger more refined update.

As far as Lollipop, I've got it on one of our households Nexus 7s, but the other has not and it's been quite awhile. Some are wondering if the update got pulled due to the previously mentioned memory leaks issue. Plus my battery life on the N7 that did receive it has gone down quite a bit. Since the last update we received boosted my Turbo's battery life, I'd rather not have it be the same or worse than it was before. Just my 2¢.
    Jack Jawczak likes this.
    01-04-2015 02:10 AM
    Where can we sign up?
    01-04-2015 08:43 AM
    While I understand what KPMcClave and others are saying in regards to fast updates, coming from where I did, they're leaps and bounds better than what I dealt with previously. Up until my Droid Maxx, I primarily used HTC phones, then went to the Galaxy S3, before coming to Moto. I knew the radios were better on the Motorola phones, but couldn't deal with MotoBlur. Once they started down the near stock Android road, I jumped. Now for the most part I'm seeing updates in a few months rather than 6 months to a year. No we didn't get updates for some of the KK versions, but they we essentially dealt with the HeartBleed issue. And most seemed to cause more issues than they solved. I'm OK skipping minor updates for a larger more refined update.
    I don't disagree with you generally speaking, and it isn't even that I have some major issue with the Maxx updates I described. My comments here and when I address it elsewhere are more for the purpose of accuracy than arguing. That is, saying the 2013 Droids got "quick updates" is misleading. So my specifics are always intended to clarify that. People play fast and loose with specifics, especially the closer you get to Fanboy Town.

That said, if you wait long enough, your desire for a bigger update will happen by default, if you know what I mean. I would expect the biggest bugs and issues to occur in a full version bump (as with KitKat to Lollipop). I also expect that each incremental update is going to address specific issues that were created by its predecessors.

That means the biggest problems overall are probably in Android 5.0, with those addressed by 5.0.1., etc. We all know that isn't always perfect over all updates because sometimes they break other stuff and sometimes the updates are more about adding a feature than squashing bugs. It's reasonable to assume that each incremental update fixes more issues, though.

That brings me back to my original point. How long are you content to wait for a perfect release that isn't ever going to come?

Me, I just want the most up to date release as soon as possible. I think right now that would be 5.0.2?
    01-04-2015 09:23 AM
    I personally am in no rush to switch to lollipop. I like the phone with the setup I've got and will probably defer the update for a couple weeks to see if anyone has any bugs.
    anon(9227267) and dhoganjr like this.
    01-04-2015 11:36 AM
    Since it's coming eventually, and I've already decided I'm going to do a full factory reset after the update, I've finally taken the position of "sooner rather than later". Of course, I'm assuming that we'll be getting the dot 1 or dot 2 release as opposed to the dot zero, so that should mitigate problems to a significant degree -- problems which some or all of us are going to have not matter how long they wait, or what version we get -- every version of every phone OS has issues for some or all users after all.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-04-2015 11:49 AM
    Where can we sign up?
    Right here . There are rules to follow if you do it . https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775
    01-04-2015 12:00 PM
    Any rumors or facts about when Turbo will get software upgrade?
    01-04-2015 03:33 PM
    Nothing yet.

01-04-2015 04:31 PM
61 123