On my Razr M most of my music was Windows Media format on an sd card and Google Play Music played it with no problems. Well today I put my music on my Turbo but now Google Play won't even recognize any music that's not mp3. I was wondering if anybody knows why did it play fine on the old phone? And is there any way to get it to play on the Turbo or do I have to reformat all my music or get another music player?
    01-01-2015 02:27 PM
    The official specs for the Turbo on Motorola's site shows a lack of WMA support (Droid Turbo by Motorola on Verizon), while the Razr M does specifically mention WMA support (Droid Razr M – 4G LTE). It may be that some manufacturers are dropping WMA support on their newer devices, since it's become relatively outdated.

You could try installing a 3rd party player like PowerAmp or RocketPlayer.
    01-02-2015 02:37 AM
    I've read good things about PowerAmp so I may just get it. I never minded Google Play Music, always thought it was a good music player. But, I hate to have to go through all my music and re rip or reformat when I can just copy and paste to the phone. I wish there was away to rip cd's directly to the phone but I don't see any way.
    01-02-2015 09:17 AM
    Remember, you can always try PowerAmp for free to see if it works for you.
    01-03-2015 10:31 PM
    The official specs for the Turbo on Motorola's site shows a lack of WMA support (Droid Turbo by Motorola on Verizon), while the Razr M does specifically mention WMA support (Droid Razr M – 4G LTE). It may be that some manufacturers are dropping WMA support on their newer devices, since it's become relatively outdated.

You could try installing a 3rd party player like PowerAmp or RocketPlayer.
    Just to add to this since I've noticed the same issue.

PlayerPro doesn't recognize WMA so skip on that.

PowerAmp does recognize WMA and I'm currently using it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-04-2015 05:19 AM
    I realized this after I transferred my music. I ended up downloading "Format factory" on my computer (where my music files were stored) and was able to format the WMA to MP3. If your music is on your computer I recommend you try that. It was easy enough for me.
    dungoyle likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:53 AM