Anyone else have a curved screen?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed this. If I lay the phone face down on a flat surface, I can see a small gap between the phone and the surface it's on. Is it designed that way or is mine just bent somehow?

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Glass is 2D on the edges. This is why every screen protector minus the Verizon Flexible Glass, which is cut very short, causes an ugly halo effect. Your phone is fine.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there some advantage to this new 2D rounded screen trend? It seems like it just makes implementing a screen protector a little harder.

from the S5 🔋📱

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm talking about being able to see all the way thru to the other side. I understand the beveling of the edges, as my G2 had it as well.
I would think that even with the 2d design the middle of the screen would still be flat on a surface.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there some advantage to this new 2D rounded screen trend? It seems like it just makes implementing a screen protector a little harder.

from the S5 🔋📱

I'm not sure but whatever the advantage is, assuming there is one, isn't worth it. I prefer flat screens.

Thanks, but I'm talking about being able to see all the way thru to the other side. I understand the beveling of the edges, as my G2 had it as well.
I would think that even with the 2d design the middle of the screen would still be flat on a surface.

Ah, okay. The bezel on top is actually pushed out more than the glass and this seems to be why you can see through.

The following statement I'm about to say is in no way directed at you. To this day it amazes me what little things all of us here, myself included, find and wonder about. :)

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
It's probably because most of us who read these AC forums are phone nerds, so we notice teeny details others might take for granted.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I can honestly say that I notice the little things about my phone (and my wife's S5) that completely astounds me that no one else notices. Also, I figure that my phone is, in essence, a computer and in order to use it to its full potential, I need to know it inside and out

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
...Also, I figure that my phone is, in essence, a computer and in order to use it to its full potential, I need to know it inside and out

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

I like to think of my phones as "palmtops". I use them as computers way more than for voice communications.

from the IV✒

Tanner Robins

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure but whatever the advantage is, assuming there is one, isn't worth it. I prefer flat screens.

Ah, okay. The bezel on top is actually pushed out more than the glass and this seems to be why you can see through.

The following statement I'm about to say is in no way directed at you. To this day it amazes me what little things all of us here, myself included, find and wonder about. :)

So I noticed this as well. The phone won't lay flat on a flat surface and for me it seems to be the top left corner. The glass is slightly raised above edge of the phone. Now it doesn't press in and out as if it were separated but I can't find any real info on this or if its even an issue. Of course everything works fine its just the small imperfections that bug ya

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1