on my realtor webpage I click on pic #'s and it brings up a bigger version in a square magnified....I need to remove this feature...which I think is from chrome. I already tried the settings, accessibility turn off magnification gestures and rebooted with NO luck. it's really annoying to have to keep tapping the link to get it to do what it normally does in one tap....had no problems with it at all on razr maxx and laptop. Help me if you have solved this quirky problem....
    01-02-2015 07:57 PM
    I know exactly what you're talking about.
    As of right now, there is no way to completely disable it on any device.

However, you can try zooming in more before you "click." That way, there would be less need to display the magnifier because, well, its already magnified.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Why does the web page magnify when I touch a spot a web page?-17568.jpg  
    02-07-2015 02:37 PM
    I believe it only does so when a tap could be interpreted as a click on multiple targets. Chrome zooms in so you can pick the right target. As mentioned, try zooming in a bit to make sure that what you tap is unambiguous.

Also, you can tap the menu control top right, help and feedback, and send Google a note that you'd like that feature made an option.

Although I don't have any suggestions, because I like both Chrome and this particular behavior (it's certainly better than clicking the wrong link and having to go back to try again), maybe a third party browser like Dolphin will work better for you?
    02-07-2015 03:00 PM
    I find this a very helpful feature on non mobile friendly websites.
    02-07-2015 04:02 PM
    I also like this feature as I realized it is helping me choose the right link because they were so close together. At first I thought it was annoying also until I figured out what it does.
    02-07-2015 05:00 PM