Haven't been able to figure this out yet. Suppose you get a text while driving and you want to respond to it--hands free, using audio commands. How do you do it?

Also, is it possible to do this with your phone connected to your vehicle's bluetooth system (in my case Ford's Sync)?
    01-06-2015 09:31 AM
    That's also one thing I have yet to figure out as well. Moto reads my text, asks if I want to reply, I say yes but then it doesn't record my voice for the text.
    01-06-2015 10:04 AM
    That's also one thing I have yet to figure out as well. Moto reads my text, asks if I want to reply, I say yes but then it doesn't record my voice for the text.
    I have the same problem. I haven't figured out yet what I'm doing wrong
    01-06-2015 11:00 AM
    Haven't been able to figure this out yet. Suppose you get a text while driving and you want to respond to it--hands free, using audio commands. How do you do it?

Also, is it possible to do this with your phone connected to your vehicle's bluetooth system (in my case Ford's Sync)?
    Yes, you can do this via bluetooth. I have my phone connected via blue tooth. When a text comes in, I'm asked if I want to listen to it. I respond yes and it reads it back to me. It then asks if I want to reply, but doesn't record my response to send.
    01-06-2015 11:05 AM
    If it won't let you reply, and you do have moto voice set up on the phone, you can always use the Moto voice catch phrase followed by the command "send text to John doe" etc.

See http://m.androidcentral.com/heres-ev...-new-moto-x-do
    01-06-2015 11:31 AM
    If it won't let you reply, and you do have moto voice set up on the phone, you can always use the Moto voice catch phrase followed by the command "send text to John doe" etc.

See Here's everything you can command your new Moto X to do by voice | Android Central
    Yep, tried that, didn't work. It opens Google search.
    01-06-2015 11:35 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one with the problem .
    01-06-2015 11:51 AM
    This is a wild guess, but is it possible that you have to be using the stock texting app, (i.e. Messages+ or stock messages) to get the text to record and respond? I have not tried it, so I can't offer much help otherwise.
    01-06-2015 11:56 AM
    I use the Textra SMS app. It works just fine with the Moto Assist/Driving feature.
    1Coopgt likes this.
    01-06-2015 12:14 PM
    Yep, tried that, didn't work. It opens Google search.
    Open up the Google search app. Scroll to the bottom, tap the menu control bottom right. Tap settings, then voice, the OK Google detection. Make sure that none of those options are checked.

See if that helps.
    01-06-2015 01:56 PM
    This is a wild guess, but is it possible that you have to be using the stock texting app, (i.e. Messages+ or stock messages) to get the text to record and respond? I have not tried it, so I can't offer much help otherwise.
    That's what I use (stock app) and no-go.
    01-06-2015 04:33 PM
    Open up the Google search app. Scroll to the bottom, tap the menu control bottom right. Tap settings, then voice, the OK Google detection. Make sure that none of those options are checked.

See if that helps.
    Why should none be checked? Regardless, using MotoVoice should overide GV, correct?
    01-06-2015 04:37 PM
    How about concentrating on the road instead of texts. If you miss a text you won't die, but you just might kill someone while messing with your phone and driving.
    01-06-2015 06:45 PM
    How about concentrating on the road instead of texts. If you miss a text you won't die, but you just might kill someone while messing with your phone and driving.
    That's the point of getting the HANDS FREE feature to work while driving.
    01-06-2015 07:36 PM
    Why should none be checked? Regardless, using MotoVoice should overide GV, correct?
    That's the issue, I wonder - that Google Search app blocks Moto Voice, preventing the extra functionality that Moto Voice can do. It definitely can happen on the Droid Maxx with the "on any screen" option turned on.
    01-06-2015 07:45 PM
    Texting while driving is illegal in may places, not hands on texting but TEXT.
    01-06-2015 08:30 PM