That's a verified account.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Android Lollipop Release dates(ish) comfirmed?-30619.jpg  
    bizzyqu likes this.
    01-08-2015 12:04 AM

I call shenanigans.
    01-08-2015 05:30 AM
    I second that... It would be an epic fail if it takes til spring to roll out the update. It is like a pot on the stove, water will not come to a boil if you keep an eye on it. Stop worrying about when you will get the update and before you know it it will be here
    01-08-2015 05:33 AM
    It's bogus on every level.
    01-08-2015 08:46 AM
    here is the actual official droid twitter btw for reference: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding

edit: not bogus, that is an official droid instagram account that made that comment

Account: Instagram

Official Twitter account promoting the instagram account: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding/sta...44926391107584
    KPMcClave and TechCaptain like this.
    01-08-2015 09:29 AM

So, there is no Twitter handle with that name. It appears there was, but the account has been shut down...
    01-08-2015 09:35 AM
    So, there is no Twitter handle with that name. It appears there was, but the account has been shut down...
    see my post, it was an instagram comment, not twitter
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    01-08-2015 09:43 AM
    I second that... It would be an epic fail if it takes til spring to roll out the update. It is like a pot on the stove, water will not come to a boil if you keep an eye on it. Stop worrying about when you will get the update and before you know it it will be here
    I'm with you... I'm happy with my Turbo with Kit Kat. When Big Red and Motorola get lollipop right for the Turbo, so be it...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    01-08-2015 10:12 AM
    here is the actual official droid twitter btw for reference: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding

edit: not bogus, that is an official droid instagram account that made that comment

Account: Instagram

Official Twitter account promoting the instagram account: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding/sta...44926391107584
    Thanks for the info, bizzyqu. My prior "bogus" was also based on the assumption it was a tweet. I'm actually following that account on Instagram.

That said, while "bogus" isn't appropriate, I find it highly unlikely that anyone is going to give us a "date" for the Lollipop rollout to the Turbo. "Spring" is a generic CYA type answer, I figure. When it comes much sooner, how happy will the masses be?

Of course, I also had a Maxx that missed several incrimental updates "waiting" for that next one that was going to be so much better, you know, because it's coming soon anyway. Drove me sort of nuts.
    01-08-2015 11:14 AM
    People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and L. Just enjoy the phone you have now.
    01-08-2015 01:41 PM
    Although disappointing, I would not be surprised if 'Spring 2015' turns out to be true.

I say this based on assumption, conjecture, rumor, blog post, android news sites, and my experience working in software development.

In the Motorola Turbo forums, someone posted the rumor that 5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc would only be for those with 5.0 only, which could easily be accurate (although I though something went straight to 5.0.1)

However with recent news of 5.1 to be released early to mid February, with significant fixes; silence/vibration, possible memory leak, etc, I could certainly see Motorola/Verizon wanting to wait for 5.1 instead of pushing 5.0.x and trying to turn around and push 5.1 for those fixes quickly after just updating (cost, headaches)

Now assuming mid-Feb release, and assuming Moto X (2014) would get it first say two weeks later, and Turbo following conservatively 2 - 4 weeks afterwards, that would put us in mid to late March (maybe even early April) for the Turbo update, so I could see Spring 2015 as accurate.

Now, I have been excited for Lollipop early after Material Design and other features were announced before the actual release, however when I moved from my Moto X (2013) and choose the Turbo over the Moto X (2014) for battery and specs, I knew that this was a risk
    01-08-2015 06:26 PM
    People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and J. Just enjoy the phone you have now.
    But K has three sticks merging together at one point (two, depending on how it is formed) and J is just a curve with a longer line on the side. I consider that to be a huge difference to go from sharp corners to a softer curve.

And then there's L. The ol 90 degree right angle whose child version has an identity crisis in looking like I.
    wheelerpr and MA2GA28 like this.
    01-08-2015 06:56 PM
    But K has three sticks merging together at one point (two, depending on how it is formed) and J is just a curve with a longer line on the side. I consider that to be a huge difference to go from sharp corners to a softer curve.

And then there's L. The ol 90 degree right angle whose child version has an identity crisis in looking like I.
    I see no problem with I looking like I but I find it odd that l looks like I when I is looking at I
    Moo Cow likes this.
    01-09-2015 12:54 PM
    Weren't we promised end of 2014? I don't mind. I would like lollipop ASAP, but it's no priority. The thing that bugs me is broken promises. If I wanted those, I would have stayed on Windows Phone.

TechCaptain likes this.
    01-09-2015 04:42 PM
    People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and J. Just enjoy the phone you have now.
    Exactly. Followed by the obligatory 2 months worth of posts after the rollout about how it screwed up everybodys' phones.
    01-09-2015 05:09 PM
    Weren't we promised end of 2014? I don't mind. I would like lollipop ASAP, but it's no priority. The thing that bugs me is broken promises. If I wanted those, I would have stayed on Windows Phone.

The only update promised by year's end was the VOLTE update
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-09-2015 06:06 PM
    Gotta love the hard core "must have the software now!" people as well as the hardcore "Easy bro, who needs the software now, just wait!" people.

Bottom line for me, we've all waited long enough, it's time for the software to be close or done. You can't REALLY work the kinks out until the consumer has it.

Bring on 5.0!
    dungoyle and KPMcClave like this.
    01-09-2015 06:08 PM
    Gotta love the hard core "must have the software now!" people as well as the hardcore "Easy bro, who needs the software now, just wait!" people.

Bottom line for me, we've all waited long enough, it's time for the software to be close or done. You can't REALLY work the kinks out until the consumer has it.

Bring on 5.0!
    I agree. I am usually annoyed by defenses of delays as the powers that be working out the bugs so we get an even better release. Then, another release is close so let's just wait for that one!

That's exactly what happened a couple of times with the '13 Droids (I had the Maxx), so I'm particularly sensitive to it again.
    dungoyle likes this.
    01-09-2015 11:35 PM
    I really don't think we want Lollipop right now anyway. It's still pretty buggy according to the Nexus users out there. I want new software as much as the next guy, but I want it to be not broken.
    01-10-2015 11:53 AM
    Exactly. Followed by the obligatory 2 months worth of posts after the rollout about how it screwed up everybodys' phones.
    This. Every blessed time.

Posted via the Turbo
    01-11-2015 12:20 AM
    Let's just chill and pretend Kit Kat is the only software available. Then when the new software comes it'll be a joyous day. My turbo is working fine no issues and I even learned how to get the camera going to my satisfaction just takes some practice.. But just chill regarding the update otherwise you're going to drive yourself crazy and give yourself agida... There are more important things to worry about than a software update specially a software thats buggy.. Once the software is released then everyone is going to b**** and moan about the bugs... So for now enjoy your bug free phone

cbironman24 and anon(9227267) like this.
    01-11-2015 11:42 AM
    I couldn't really care less when Lollipop comes out for the Turbo. I'm totally fine with Kit Kat.
    HPBolt and anon(9227267) like this.
    01-11-2015 02:34 PM
    Depressing information in an already fragmented OS. I know no one uses human editors anymore, but I wish people who blog would at least review their own shyte before they post -- what a typo mess that was.

Addendum on self editing: I admit, I shudder sometimes when I re-read something I've posted previously and see all the typos I missed.
    ChuckG73 and sharkita like this.
    01-12-2015 05:06 AM
    Depressing information in an already fragmented OS. I know no one uses human editors anymore, but I wish people who blog would at least review their own shyte before they post -- what a typo mess that was.
    I agree about the lack of proofreading ("No Where to be Seen" - good grief!). I am getting the feeling, however, that Lollipop isn't being rolled out by carriers with the same enthusiasm as KitKat. AT&T in particular has been positively mute on the subject and they're usually not that far behind Verizon.
    01-12-2015 04:58 PM