Factory reset question

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to factory reset the DT without being able to use the screen which is broken and unusable? I hoping for some combination of button pushes as I want to wipe my info/data before sending it back now that I have my replacement phone.

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Press both lock and volume down when starting the phone to enter fastboot. And use volume rocker to view options and use power button to select.
Hope this can solve your problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Press both lock and volume down when starting the phone to enter fastboot. And use volume rocker to view options and use power button to select.
Hope this can solve your problem.

Ha. He can't see the screen.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to factory reset the DT without being able to use the screen which is broken and unusable? I hoping for some combination of button pushes as I want to wipe my info/data before sending it back now that I have my replacement phone.

This is a good question as I know others have had to return their device after a replacement. I'm not certain the fast boot starts in the same place each time you enter it.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ha. He can't see the screen.

Phone is currently powered on and I can see some colors in a small area of the screen, but I can't see anything to figure out where to scroll or even if I'm on the right screen. Not even sure how to power down when you can't see what's on or use the screen.

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Phone is currently powered on and I can see some colors in a small area of the screen, but I can't see anything to figure out where to scroll or even if I'm on the right screen. Not even sure how to power down when you can't see what's on or use the screen.

See if there's software on computer that can do so. Or USB tether and cast screen?

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Did you set up an account over at Motorola Support ? I think you can do a remote wipe if you go to lost device . Not sure though .

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you set up an account over at Motorola Support ? I think you can do a remote wipe if you go to lost device . Not sure though .

Right you can do a remote wipe if it was set up previously, but I already have the new phone activated and the old phone doesn't have cell service. You can't remote wipe unless the phone has service. I appreciate all suggestions in case I hadn't already thought of it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Right you can do a remote wipe if it was set up previously, but I already have the new phone activated and the old phone doesn't have cell service. You can't remote wipe unless the phone has service. I appreciate all suggestions in case I hadn't already thought of it.

You should be able to if it is connected via wifi.