01-16-2015 05:28 PM
34 12
tools
    you liking that Moto 360 ? i was thinking about getting it, not sure......what are some of the things you like about it ?
    First, because it is a Moto product. And, so far, it is very stable. The wireless charging is nice. It sends the notifications from the apps. Voice reply to texts is slick. So far so good.
    UnlockedOnly likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:10 PM
    Unlike my HTC m8, this phone sits perfectly in my hand and is great for one handed operation. Sorta reminds me of my Nexus 4.
    I just switched from an HTC M8 WinPhone to Droid Turbo Android on 1-10-2015. And yes, on the HTC, the combination of the power button on the top and headphone jack on the bottom was maddening for me. Turbo cleared that up, lol. No issues so far. Still dialing in the battery.

And on that note:
    RE "and have all verizon apps disabled " ...
    Being new to Android, what is the best way you have found to (permanently) disable Verizon only apps, without hosing up anything else?

For example, yesterday ... using Battery Doctor, I was disabling things ... and somehow resulted in turning off Proximity Sensor, lol. So ... after an hour of trying to fix that, I finally 'Reset App Preferences' ... and that fixed that little issue (I caused).
    These 'battery apps' that automatically run through and 'optimize' and/or disable things ... without showing you exactly what ... will be done and without a confirmation prompt ... are a bit annoying.

Please advise ...

thx
    01-13-2015 12:54 PM
    I just switched from an HTC M8 WinPhone to Droid Turbo Android on 1-10-2015. And yes, on the HTC, the combination of the power button on the top and headphone jack on the bottom was maddening for me. Turbo cleared that up, lol. No issues so far. Still dialing in the battery.

And on that note:
    RE "and have all verizon apps disabled " ...
    Being new to Android, what is the best way you have found to (permanently) disable Verizon only apps, without hosing up anything else?

For example, yesterday ... using Battery Doctor, I was disabling things ... and somehow resulted in turning off Proximity Sensor, lol. So ... after an hour of trying to fix that, I finally 'Reset App Preferences' ... and that fixed that little issue (I caused).
    These 'battery apps' that automatically run through and 'optimize' and/or disable things ... without showing you exactly what ... will be done and without a confirmation prompt ... are a bit annoying.

Please advise ...

thx

I have all verizon apps disabled through the app manager, I have had no other issues from doing it. The battery doctor you are speaking of must be a 3rd part app. not needed with this phone which may explain why certain things have been "screwy" for ya. unistall it would be my advice.
    01-13-2015 02:44 PM
    Only issue I had (call volume a bit too low) was completely solved with the last update. Hardware is great & software has been both awesome & stable.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 05:47 PM
    I also love my phone and have had zero problems. The battery life is incredible, I rarely even look at it any more because it easily lasts through the entire day regardless of what apps are turned on or off. My only concern now is that the Lollipop update will screw something up. I had the Google Now launcher installed and when they updated it I didn't like the all-white app drawer and the unremovable Google bar at the top so went back to the default launcher. Great phone.
    01-13-2015 07:17 PM
    My wife and I both got the Turbo 64BN version. Neither one of us had had any problems. Sometimes in the house the wi-fi connection will drop, and when that happens I just close and re-open the app. I don't know if that's a phone problem or a router problem. The router is in the basement, and I almost never have the problem there. But we are both very happy with our phones.
    01-14-2015 09:37 AM
    I think I now have the battery figured out. I have hit a new personal best on battery life, I've only had this phone for 3 1/2 weeks. 2d 12h 6s on battery with 29% battery life left. Normal moderate use. Absolutely amazing !!!
    01-14-2015 09:54 AM
    'app manager' ... OK. Yes ... fast forwarding to this point in time (having the Turbo for a week now, lol) ... I've learned many things. Yes ... 'battery doctor' was a 3rd party app (Battery Doctor by Cheetah Mobile) . Can't really fault Battery Doctor, although I did uninstall it. And I see a lot can be done with the built in App Manager. If fact, other 'battery/app killer' apps I'm trying out actually tap into the VZN App Mgr, lol.

Meanwhile ... battery life. Pretty amazing. With what I would suppose is light use ... a few texts, voice calls, trying out a few apps (more screen on time), checking CNN, Google News, etc., ... and with only disabling a couple of VZN apps ... my discharge rate is only about 25% in a 24 hour period ! That's pretty impressive as I see it.

= = =
    01-16-2015 04:30 PM
    'app manager' ... OK. Yes ... fast forwarding to this point in time (having the Turbo for a week now, lol) ... I've learned many things. Yes ... 'battery doctor' was a 3rd party app (Battery Doctor by Cheetah Mobile) . Can't really fault Battery Doctor, although I did uninstall it. And I see a lot can be done with the built in App Manager. If fact, other 'battery/app killer' apps I'm trying out actually tap into the VZN App Mgr, lol.

Meanwhile ... battery life. Pretty amazing. With what I would suppose is light use ... a few texts, voice calls, trying out a few apps (more screen on time), checking CNN, Google News, etc., ... and with only disabling a couple of VZN apps ... my discharge rate is only about 25% in a 24 hour period ! That's pretty impressive as I see it.

= = =

great to see you finding all the "ins and out" for your new turbo....oh and disable anything named amazon as well
    01-16-2015 05:28 PM
34 12