If I activate advance calling in Setup is that something that can easily be disabled if desired? What do i get if I activate it?

Posted via Android Central App with Droid Razr Turbo 64-gig.
    01-13-2015 11:21 AM
    You get VoLTE. In a nutshell, better audio, possible video calls, and simultaneous voice and data as long as you're in place with LTE service.
    I can't post links as a new member, but if you google "advanced calling" and "Verizon" it's pretty much the first result.

Some people have reported more problems with dropped calls (there's no handoff to the old cell networks if you leave an area with LTE service while on a call, e.g., driving) but as someone who spends 95% of my time in city limits, I haven't had this problem.

You also need to enable it in your account on the Verizon account site, btw. Once you've been provisioned for it (using My Verizon), there's a toggle available right in the Settings app on your phone to enable/disable as you see fit.
    pchain likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:16 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Posted via Android Central App with Droid Razr Turbo 64-gig.
    01-13-2015 12:22 PM
    As mentioned above, it is just a toggle. If you don't like it on, you can toggle it off.

You must also activate it on Verizon's website/account management (it is a feature that needs to be checked). It won't change your plan. However, if you use "Google Voice" as your voicemail, you will need to set up call forwarding for you calls again to your google voice number (this only has to be done after adding the feature on the website. The toggle is irrelevant.)

There are 2 main benefits to the advanced calling: HD calls (if you call another Verizon phone that is also using advanced calling) and simultaneous voice/data.

In my experience, the HD calls sound nice - buy I only ever talk regularly to one person who also has advanced calling (my daughter w/ iphone 6). I'm looking forward to my wife getting Advanced Calling on her Moto X 2014. It does sound better (although there is less of an improvement when using BT).

The VoLTE and simultaneous voice/data has been nice. I missed it since I upgraded from my Moto X 2013. I have been on calls using VoLTE for 30 to 40 min, travelling on I-15 in the salt lake metro area, and haven't dropped calls. I think I've only really dropped 2 calls in the last month. If you are in a weak LTE area, then you might experience problems.
    01-13-2015 12:49 PM
    I had my activated but since you lose the call when you have no lte service and mine goes in and out at my house I turned it off. I work from home and I cannot have it hanging up on clients. When it did work it was really nice.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 12:55 PM