Why is my battery life just average?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I've had the Droid Turbo since Dec. 19th and I love it! Love the design and minimalistic software along with the great voice commands\active display.

My only concern is the battery. I'm not exactly what you would call a heavy user but usually look for about 3-4 hours screen time on an average. Mostly done by browsing the web, social media, A LOT of texting, a few YouTube videos and some Bluetooth streaming with my car AND my Moto 360.

So this things got a 3900 mah battery yet why does it feel closer to 2800. I understand that the device does have the higher resolution display and whatnot but do people not realize this thing has a 3900 MAH BATTERY?! Shouldn't that blow everything else out of the water? Like not even be close to any other phone. I switch between a Note 4 and the Turbo and I can get more screen on time with the Note 4 (5.5-6.5). Keep in the mind the Note 4 only has a 3250 battery (I think) and the same resolution display yet it's much larger. AND it runs touchwiz, something that destroys battery life.

So I guess this has become more of a rant, but when Motorola marketed 48 hours of battery life I was expecting something close to 7 hours of screen on time.... Not 4. I'm getting about 3.5-5 hours. I understand that it gets me through a full day and thats all that I need but I'm just a little disappointed in a 3900 mah battery.

Is this just me, any other thoughts??

BTW I usually use the turbo charger. I've used a normal but seem to get the same battery life with both.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and 4 but am interested. Battery life is great on the Notes and I'm curious to see why you are not seeing the performance you expect.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Screen shots of battery usage? Do you use Gsam to track what's using the battery? You also fail to say how much battery time you're actually getting.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
'm not exactly what you would call a heavy user but usually look for about 3-4 hours screen time on an average.

That's pretty heavy use if you ask me, but you did not explain battery time. Chrome eats battery and so would watching youtube videos. My turbo goes from 100%-90% super fast, within 2 hours, with zero screen time and only BT and Wifi. However, it slows down once it gets below 90%. I typically have a max of 1 hour screen time per day (8:00AM-8:00PM) and I usually end up around 60-70% at charge time.

rev9fan1

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yea I'm feeling the same way, half my day is internet browsing, the other half its asleep because I drive a bus so I can't use my phone for 8 hrs. I'll get a screen shot tomorrow of a daily battery usage and a screen shot of Gsam and see if maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would think 48hrs talk time should yield about 20 hrs or more of web browsing and what not...

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no way disappointed with the battery use on my turbo. I just posted the other day I got 2 1/2 days on my last charge with 29 % left, normal moderate use. I have disabled all verizon apps. I am loving this battery. My HTC One m8 had off the wall battery life, my turbo exceeds it slightly. I use the nothing but the turbo charger as well.

rev9fan1

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm in no way disappointed with the battery use on my turbo. I just posted the other day I got 2 1/2 days on my last charge with 29 % left, normal moderate use. I have disabled all verizon apps. I am loving this battery. My HTC One m8 had off the wall battery life, my turbo exceeds it slightly. I use the nothing but the turbo charger as well.

I'm guessing you rooted your phone?

rev9fan1

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Anything look out of the ordinary so far today?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-15-10-58-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-15-10-58-47.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2015-01-15-10-58-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-15-10-58-09.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 30

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, aside from you not fully charging to 100%. But, you are complaining about close to two days of battery life with what appears to be off WiFi for a good chunk. That is on par if not a bit above what others generally get. Your battery is fine. Want more screen time, knock your brightness down as low as usably possible.
The 48 hours is NOT advertised talk time either. That's total battery life. So, again, your usage is fine.

rev9fan1

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yea I keep my brightness down about 90% of the time, and I turn the WiFi off when I'm not home, I'm usually home 50% of my day (8 hrs work, 8-10 hrs home). But there are things like Facebook and chrome running yet I close them when not using them.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea I keep my brightness down about 90% of the time, and I turn the WiFi off when I'm not home, I'm usually home 50% of my day (8 hrs work, 8-10 hrs home). But there are things like Facebook and chrome running yet I close them when not using them.

For FB, cut down its refresh rate when not being used in the app settings. For Chrome, make sure to close out your browser windows when finished with them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon