Temperature warning. Hot phone.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Got a hot temperature warning (some odd chime I never heard before) while my phone was charging, screen on, and streaming a radio station. This was not a Gsam battery alarm setting, rather it seemed like a stock system warning. It said to unplug or end some apps. It was more than fairly warm. I quickly unplugged it and put it in the fridge for just a few minutes. When I checked Gsam after a few minutes it was at 110F so I'm sure it was a bit higher than that when the alarm went off. Hopefully no permanent battery degradation/damage.

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Which charger? Turbo or other? There's a lot of debate if the heat generated by using the turbo charger will degrade the battery.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Turbo charger, though I don't think that's the cause. I've had good luck with it an never found it unusually warm. I think it was the combination of screen on, charging, and streaming. I'm sure the thick-ish Speck Candyshell Grip case doesn't help.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I know this is completely different but mine has been running hot (100F) and draining battery worse in the last few days (even after a restart). I've never had issues before getting 24-36 hours but the last few days I've been charging just to get through the day (screen time for me is usually about 2 hours on auto brightness and everything is usually turned on).

Google Play services and Android System seem to be the culprits but I've not sure how to troubleshoot those. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Has there been an update that would affect those processes that could be to blame?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a hot temperature warning (some odd chime I never heard before) while my phone was charging, screen on, and streaming a radio station. This was not a Gsam battery alarm setting, rather it seemed like a stock system warning. It said to unplug or end some apps. It was more than fairly warm. I quickly unplugged it and put it in the fridge for just a few minutes. When I checked Gsam after a few minutes it was at 110F so I'm sure it was a bit higher than that when the alarm went off. Hopefully no permanent battery degradation/damage.

Putting a hot phone in the refrigerator is a very very very bad idea unless you're trying to kill it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Google Play services and Android System seem to be the culprits but I've not sure how to troubleshoot those. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Has there been an update that would affect those processes that could be to blame?

Actually I notices the same thing in last few days, I have to charge phone like daily or even twice a day.
And those two are in top of battery consumption, after screen of course.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Putting a hot phone in the refrigerator is a very very very bad idea unless you're trying to kill it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

I think I knew that. It was probably there for about minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App

DatabaseMX

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
One would HOPE ... since Moto supplied the Turbo Charger (for the TURBO) ... that it would not in itself cause undo battery wear. But then again ....!
= = =

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance