what plan makes the most sense through Verizon, too many choices. Am I better off just getting the extended warranty for when the 1 year coverage from Moto expires ? Seriously confused here, help !! These equipment plans sure do bump up the price on my already expensive monthly bill. Input is appreciated, thanks.
    01-16-2015 09:58 AM
    Myself, I don't get insurance. By the time you pay the monthly payment then a deductible on top of that, to me it's not worth it. I'm very careful with my phone and put a good case and screen protector on it. So far I've been lucky, haven't broken a phone yet. Insurance is great when you need it, but if you don't use it all that money is gone. I know my luck could run out but so far so good. A lot of people get and I understand why they do, I personally just don't go for it. That's my opinion, the choice is up to you.
    01-16-2015 10:18 AM
    good points, I just checked motorola website, they charge a flate repair rate $125.00 for out of warranty repairs.
    01-16-2015 10:45 AM
    This is one of those deals where reasonable minds can differ, but I have never had insurance and we recently took the insurance off all of our business phones because of the cost/benefit associated with the monthly payments and deductibles. As JohnS305 also said, a good case and screen protector helps. The nice thing about the Turbo is the you get one free screen replacement too.
    01-16-2015 11:00 AM
    Just got the damage protection, not the warranty part. Why pay for a warranty during the 1st year when it's covered anyway.? Also, I paid for the phone on my credit card so visa doubles the mfg. warranty to 2 years

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-16-2015 11:06 AM
    I use the swappa insurance plan. It's free, and I have never had to use it, but if I do I just go on swappa, pay a deductible to buy a phone.

As mentioned, the Turbo has 1 free screen replacement. Moto will do out of warranty repairs for $125 (about the cost of a deductible anyway). So pretty much the only thing the coverage gets you is a lost or stolen phone. You only come out ahead if you loose your phone within about the first 6-9 months. After that, with already paid monthly fees and the deductible, you could just buy a used phone.
    01-16-2015 11:38 AM
    I use the swappa insurance plan. It's free, and I have never had to use it, but if I do I just go on swappa, pay a deductible to buy a phone.

As mentioned, the Turbo has 1 free screen replacement. Moto will do out of warranty repairs for $125 (about the cost of a deductible anyway). So pretty much the only thing the coverage gets you is a lost or stolen phone. You only come out ahead if you loose your phone within about the first 6-9 months. After that, with already paid monthly fees and the deductible, you could just buy a used phone.
    where is info about swappa insurance ? i checked the entire site and did a search, came up empty.
    01-16-2015 03:32 PM
    swappa insurance
    I believe this is a bit tongue-in-cheek. They just buy a used phone off of Swappa.com if there is a problem...
    01-16-2015 06:07 PM
    I believe this is a bit tongue-in-cheek. They just buy a used phone off of Swappa.com if there is a problem...
    lol got it, dumb moment i guess........I have 2 phones currently on swappa for sale and I even logged into my account and checked there....
    xweb10 likes this.
    01-16-2015 06:33 PM