Not impressed with the display

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The phone is, as a phone, pretty darn good. Performance, battery, sound, all excellent. But that display, jeez. Nice and sharp, yes. But in terms of color it's just not good. On large areas of uniform color - like using Kindle for instance - there screen very clearly shows color shift even straight on. Sepia takes on a slight pink tint to the left half of the screen. The G3 is hugely better. Heck the 2014 Moto X is better. Anyone else not entirely thrilled with the display? While everything else about this phone makes me very happy, the display is just bugging me.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it's your phone. Have you looked at another turbo? I have not seen any phone that compares to the turbo. My daughter had an LG G3 and it's nice but clarity and color are better on my 64gb BN. But in all fairness it'd splitting hairs.

Posted via the Android Central App

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had the G3 and the Turbo. There's several things I'd rank the G3 over the Turbo but the screen is definitely not one. I'd compare to another.

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Not all displays are created equal. I'd go look at a couple in stores and see how they compare just to see if you got a weird one.
Also, not all eyes are created equal. I can't tell any difference between the DT, my previous S4, or my
Nexus 7 for example. All had nice looking screens, the DT is a bit better in sunlight.

I remember when I was buying the S3, or S4, can't remember, going around to stores to compare them to the
Evo 4G I had at the time and my Wifes iPhone 4S, side by side I could see differences in the tint of white colors,
I can't remember which had which but they differed and it was annoying with them side by side. Used by itself though, I
never noticed. I've found it economical to not go looking for problems like that. lol...

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
One of the best things about the Turbo is the screen! I use Kindle all the time and I don't see any change in tints on Sepia or Green text. As others have mentioned, I'd go to the Verizon store and compare to the demo models. Be sure to adjust the brightness on the demo to match your screen (or otherwise have the same brightness on both phones.)

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My screen is great. Even with the tiny default font of the Kindle app I can read the text.

Perhaps you have a defective unit. Also, if you wear glasses make sure they do not have a polarized or otherwise coated lenses which can cause color shifts.

DatabaseMX

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
The display on my Turbo is nothing short of stunning. Admittedly I don't have a lot to compare it to, nor have I run any color tests ... but red is red and blue is blue and so on.
===

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The phone is, as a phone, pretty darn good. Performance, battery, sound, all excellent. But that display, jeez. Nice and sharp, yes. But in terms of color it's just not good. On large areas of uniform color - like using Kindle for instance - there screen very clearly shows color shift even straight on. Sepia takes on a slight pink tint to the left half of the screen. The G3 is hugely better. Heck the 2014 Moto X is better. Anyone else not entirely thrilled with the display? While everything else about this phone makes me very happy, the display is just bugging me.

I'm with you... Screen is relatively great, but I definitely see a strange color shift about 1/3 from the bottom. Pinkish, as you've seen. The good thing is so far (I bought on release day) it doesn't really seem like the problem is any worse than it was when I bought it. It shows up more with very low brightness, so I don't always notice it. But it's there.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The screen is great and all, but comparing it to my 720 Droid Maxx I really can't tell that much of a difference, certainly not enough to justify QHD over 1080 for better battery life.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah pretty much agree that the G3 and Note 4 have better screens but im not disappointed with this screen.