So over it.... Wish i could go back to s5

Popat

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the Droid Turbo over two months ago and I was so excited to leave behind all of Samsung's bloatware. After two months I am sick and tired of this phone. The battery life is nice, the turbo charger is very efficient but the other issues are just to much to ignore.

1. Camera- The touchscreen sensitivity is a pain when you are trying to zoom in on a quick picture. By the time I get there the moment is gone.

2. Simple ease of use features- Having a power function that easily starts your phone. Being able to turn off your screen while your on a call or to use the side button to end a call. Let me simplify this. On my s3 I could hit the power button to end calls. This feature is included on the turbo but if you enable the feature there is no way to turn the screen back on. I suppose Verizon is to blame for the Advanced calling feature, but it is 2015! That should be a staple.

3. Data Hog-I find myself going through loads of data with regular use.

4. It's hard to find accessories and cases. I am dying to put an invisible shield on this screen as I notice small minor scratches.

Yes If Verizon didn't make me pay $400 to Edge up, I would go back to the s5 in a heartbeat. On a side note-THE EDGE IS A RIP OFF!

Anyone else experience my frustration. More power to you if you love it, but don't use this thread to tell me to stop complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
go back to a Verizon company-owned store with phone/box/receipt etc. and explain your situation firmly, politely, and professionally. explain to them that you're not happy. i know that you're past the return period but perhaps they'll work with you. maybe you can trade it for a new/refurbished S5 or Note 3/4. tell them what you want. you don't know unless you ask. everything in life is negotiable. politely ask to speak to the manager if necessary. remember - you are paying them a big nut every month. if this doesn't work try a second store and/or call VZW customer service and plead your case. if all else fails perhaps you can do an even trade with someone here or on craigslist. or sell it. you don't need to keep the phone if you don't want it.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
4. It's hard to find accessories and cases. I am dying to put an invisible shield on this screen as I notice small minor scratches.

At least for this one - Skinomi makes Zagg-style screen protectors for the Turbo. In my experience, Skinomi is just as good as Zagg.

Two different products:

Skinomi Premium HD clear
Skinomi Matte

As for the others, rather than zooming, just take the photo and crop it to size later. It's just doing that for you anyway with digital zoom. The end call thing I can't help you with, though it's hard to believe that pressing power to turn on the display and then pressing the big red disconnect bar is all that difficult, but I get it. Maybe switch to a BT headset so you can use those buttons to disconnect calls?

The data hog thing - is that the known problem with WiFi data being registered as mobile data? Did that problem ever get fixed? (I'm not asking you but others will know what I'm talking about...)

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
On my s3 I could hit the power button to end calls. This feature is included on the turbo but if you enable the feature there is no way to turn the screen back on.
Could be a defective proximity sensor, or a case you're using that's making it fail.

3. Data Hog-I find myself going through loads of data with regular use.
You? Or the phone by itself?

Robot Check (Don't ask me why all Amazon links show up as Robot Check for me here. The site and I don't get along well.) When it comes to the plastic ones, they're all about the same. The protector is going to scratch. You replace it. 32 cents each is pretty cheap.

Assuming that following what Gekko said doesn't work. (I used to own independent stores, and we'd trade phones and eat the difference to keep a good customer. Or ask for a little cash for a short-term or new customer. A good manager at a Verizon store might do the same.)

If that doesn't work, call Verizon and ask to speak to the retention department, and tell them the same thing, that you're a very unhappy customer. (And, if you'd be willing to pay as much as $25, $50, whatever, to make the trade back work, let them know if they say no.) It's their job to do anything reasonable to keep your monthly payments coming in for years to come, not to have you jump ship as soon as your contract expires. If they say yes, ask for the name of the person you should speak to at the store to get it done, if they're not just shipping you an S5 with a return label for the Turbo.

The data hog thing - is that the known problem with WiFi data being registered as mobile data? Did that problem ever get fixed? (I'm not asking you but others will know what I'm talking about...)
That sounds like the phone using mobile data when both mobile data and wifi are available and you think you'd be using wifi. The "fix" is to turn off mobile data when you have a wifi connection. ($3 for Tasker, and 2 minutes writing a task, makes it automatic.)

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Could be a defective proximity sensor, or a case you're using that's making it fail.

Robot Check (Don't ask me why all Amazon links show up as Robot Check for me here. The site and I don't get along well.) When it comes to the plastic ones, they're all about the same. The protector is going to scratch. You replace it. 32 cents each is pretty cheap.

Assuming that following what Gekko said doesn't work. (I used to own independent stores, and we'd trade phones and eat the difference to keep a good customer. Or ask for a little cash for a short-term or new customer. A good manager at a Verizon store might do the same.)

If that doesn't work, call Verizon and ask to speak to the retention department, and tell them the same thing, that you're a very unhappy customer. (And, if you'd be willing to pay as much as $25, $50, whatever, to make the trade back work, let them know if they say no.) It's their job to do anything reasonable to keep your monthly payments coming in for years to come, not to have you jump ship as soon as your contract expires. If they say yes, ask for the name of the person you should speak to at the store to get it done, if they're not just shipping you an S5 with a return label for the Turbo.

That sounds like the phone using mobile data when both mobile data and wifi are available and you think you'd be using wifi. The "fix" is to turn off mobile data when you have a wifi connection. ($3 for Tasker, and 2 minutes writing a task, makes it automatic.)

What? I am new to the Turbo. What is this all about?

Sent with my Kindle Fire HDX 7" via Tapatalk.

Popat

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If I Edge up, I have to give the phone back to Verizon. Not worth $450. I am not THAT RICH!!

LOL- I didn't know I had to post 548 times in order to have an opinion.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
... That sounds like the phone using mobile data when both mobile data and wifi are available and you think you'd be using wifi. The "fix" is to turn off mobile data when you have a wifi connection. ($3 for Tasker, and 2 minutes writing a task, makes it automatic.)

My data usage has returned to normal following the Advanced Calling update. BTW, some apps (Verizon Visual Voicemail in particular) won't work if you disable mobile data...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I Edge up, I have to give the phone back to Verizon. Not worth $450. I am not THAT RICH!!

Put a junk phone on the line and turn that in when edging up

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Wow, that's news to me. I just assumed all mobile data turns off when when I have WiFi. I have Tasker, but never learned to use it properly. Is there a link to that profile somewhere?

Thanks

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Put a junk phone on the line and turn that in when edging up

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Considering your installment agreement has the device name and imei that won't work.

And for the record on the more everything plan you get a discount of 25 dollars on your access fee if your data package is higher than 8 gigs plus pay no activation fee. 25 * 24 = 600 + 36 for the activation fee + 200 for the 2 year subsidized price. Doing a traditional 2 year contract, that 600 dollar turbo just cost you 836. Sounds like edge is the better deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The Otterbox and Lifeproof cases for this phone absolutely suck. The Otterbox defender case has a gap at the top of the screen protector that lets in a lot of dust and debris. Why doesn't the screen protector cover the whole screen? As for the Lifeproof case, there's a plastic bar that covers the speaker. I can't hear calls or alerts as I get them with that case on. The speaker situation with this phone sucks, but I still love the phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Sell it and buy a used s5. You can easily get enough on eBay or swappa to cover the cost of an s5

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. The phone is good but the camera has been a huge disappointment along with all of the Bluetooth bugs I've had after the advanced calling update. I want my iPhone 5S back lol

Popat

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Two new gripes that I forgot to post about . LOL

1. The double tap zoom feature is very annoying. It locks up the screen with the blue frame and I always do it on accident.

2. No option to restart? I read somewhere that you are supposed to hold the power button, but that has never worked for me.

Solutions???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital