Application Compatability

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Because it was compiled for a maximum earlier version (like 4.4.2)? Because it was written to not run on the Turbo because they found a problem running it on the Turbo? Because something in the Play Store went wrong? No one can answer that question unless they're the one who set it to say it's not compatible, we can only make guesses based on ways to make an app show as not compatible. (IOW, give you a list of ways to bring that up when you go to the app - we can't guess which one is causing it.)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I already have the app on my Droid Maxx, but the Play Store link says that it is also incompatible with the Maxx.

I just sent them a feedback message from within the app to ask why this happened.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I already have the app on my Droid Maxx, but the Play Store link says that it is also incompatible with the Maxx.

I just sent them a feedback message from within the app to ask why this happened.
Thanks for the response and thanks for leaving the feedback.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm running Weather Underground on 4.4.4 without issue...can view the map and everything else just fine.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Weather Underground on 4.4.4 without issue...can view the map and everything else just fine.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Yep, but if you uninstall and then try to reinstall the app the play store won't allow it (at least it wouldn't yesterday.) It tells you that the phone is not compatible, though of course we know that it is.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Droid Razr Maxx running 4.1.2, I just figured that it was either the oldness of the phone or OS, but when I got the Turbo 4.4.4 and it still said not compatible, I knew something had to be wrong. I sent an email to support as well, but have not heard anything as of yet.

PeterTheGeek

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, the Spotlight Stories Player is not compatible with turbo either. However it is developed by Motorola and support the moto x and the moto g. So any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Spotlight Stories Player is not compatible with turbo either. However it is developed by Motorola and support the moto x and the moto g. So any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Motorola deliberately made that for their own phones only. Last year's Droids did not have access to it, either.

That's a different issue, I think. There's a big difference between a general purpose app like wunderground maps which is capable of running on the phone, and surely wunderground would want it to be installed by anybody with a turbo, but is mistakenly marked as not compatible and the trivial Motorola app that is deliberately set as not compatible.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Can someone make the .apk available to me to download for the Weather Underground Map app?

Sent with my Kindle Fire HDX 7" via Tapatalk.

How 'bout it? Would someone mind grabbing the Weather Underground Map application from the Play Store and making the .APK file available to me? Since it's not a paid version and is free, I don't feel uncomfortable asking for it. I'd really appreciate it. I attempted to install the version I have on my Kindle Fire HDX, but the way the Kindle requires a different way to handle the maps, it doesn't display them properly on the Turbo, using the Kindle version.

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.