Is there a setting to make the screen always default to off during a call? Thanks!

Steve123123

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Ideally, any time I make or receive a call I'd like for the screen to be automatically turned off as if I always immediately hit the "screen on/off" button once the call was active.

To describe in more detail: I want the screen to turn off independent of how close it is to my ear. If I want the screen on, I want to have to hit the "screen on" button. This would prevent me from ever accidentally hitting screen buttons when I position the phone on my collar during calls as opposed to holding it against my head.

Thank you for your support!

(I also posted this on the KitKat forum, but this forum seems the way to go.)

Steve123123

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, it seems that this cannot be successfully done with "AutomateIt", Jfoofoo. It does not appear that the "Screen On/Off" plugin, nor the included "Screen off and lock" action, effectively work. When I make an outgoing call as a test, the app successfully turns the screen off but then the screen turns back on almost immediately to show the call information screen. This makes the action ineffective. By "call information screen" I am referring to the basic screen that shows to whom one is speaking, the length of that current call, and the big red "end call" button at the bottom of the screen. Do you have any ideas on how to stop this?

Rukbat, according to the Tasker FAQ, Tasker can also turn off the display and lock the system. However, given my experience with AutomateIt, I am concerned the the phone will essentially "overpower" the automation and will turn the screen back on. Would you possibly have any ideas as to how to stop this from happening?

Thank you very much to anyone who provides further support!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol