I'm not sure if I have the terminology right - but on the active display, is there a way to add additional features? I'd like to be able to see temperature (and today's weather upon click) and battery life. Ideally, I could see these without 'logging in' to the phone. The screen that I'm thinking about is the one that shows the time and notification of unread messages.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
    01-19-2015 08:36 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I have a 2013 Moto X (I am pretty sure the set up is roughly the same). Try going into Settings>Active Display>Select Apps. If you have a weather app, see if that is checked.
    01-19-2015 08:42 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I have a 2013 Moto X (I am pretty sure the set up is roughly the same). Try going into Settings>Active Display>Select Apps. If you have a weather app, see if that is checked.
    Just checked on my Turbo. I don't see and "Active Display" option under Settings or anywhere else.
    01-19-2015 09:59 AM
    Should be in the moto app. Under settings and active display
    01-19-2015 10:22 AM
    I'm not sure if I have the terminology right - but on the active display, is there a way to add additional features? I'd like to be able to see temperature (and today's weather upon click) and battery life. Ideally, I could see these without 'logging in' to the phone. The screen that I'm thinking about is the one that shows the time and notification of unread messages.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
    Hi Joe,

There is not a way (that I'm aware of) to add features to the active display "pulse" that shows the time and notification icon(s). What you see is what you get there. However, you can add the information you mentioned to your lockscreen through the use of widgets. I'm referring to the screen you see when you hit the power button to turn on your phone. Adding widgets there can let you access some useful information and settings without unlocking your phone.

Below are two screenshots of the same widget. For the second screenshot I expanded the widget by sliding my finger down the screen from the top.
    active display / lock screen-screenshot_2015-01-19-11-59-02.jpg active display / lock screen-screenshot_2015-01-19-11-59-26.jpg
    01-19-2015 01:27 PM
    Should be in the moto app. Under settings and active display
    I found it. Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    01-19-2015 02:12 PM
    Golddriver - thanks for the tip. Since no data is "pushed" to the active display, I guess that means that the app does not support notifications in that way. I'm curious if app makers will start developing for that or if there is a weather app that pushes to the active display.

Vito - Thanks for showing me the widget. I think that is probably the way to go. I had played with that before, but I have been using the face recognition for the screen lock (not very secure....), and so often, I jump right through the login screen before I have a chance to pull down the widget. I will probably just turn off face recognition and use a widget like the one that you have.
    01-19-2015 09:20 PM
    I will probably just turn off face recognition and use a widget like the one that you have
    Does that mean you will forego any security?
    01-19-2015 09:27 PM
    no, will def use security. i'll probably use the pattern lock.
    01-19-2015 09:51 PM
    no, will def use security. i'll probably use the pattern lock.
    I realize it's probably not an option for you, but this is one of the things I LOVE about trusted devices (I have a Moto 360). Locked screens without the intrusive nature of PIN, Pattern, or Facial Recognition applications on the screen.
    01-20-2015 05:38 AM