01-25-2015 12:45 PM
37 12
tools
    Coming from the Droid Razr Maxx with the 3300mAh battery to the Turbo with its 3900mAh battery was a bit less impressive experience for me. I really think the amount of battery required for the Turbo screens eats up that extra 600mAh and makes it a wash. In some cases, I feel I got better battery life from my Razr Maxx.
    Question though - battery life aside, isn't the Turbo much snappier than the Razr Maxx?
    01-21-2015 08:51 AM
    Question though - battery life aside, isn't the Turbo much snappier than the Razr Maxx?
    Like night and day. There is no comparison.
    01-21-2015 08:52 AM
    I nearly bought the DT to use over here (UK), but got the Sony Z3 instead (another amazing battery).

Anything was better than the G3...
    01-21-2015 08:52 AM
    The point was though that he's misrepresenting the battery life due to the 'few small charges' (which also isn't good for the phone's battery memory). Great that he is happy with it, but the posted picture is slightly misleading to others.
    How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way

it will not hurt battery "memory" ...
    01-22-2015 12:59 AM

I find it funny that this article basically trashes (2) of the "claims to fame" of the Turbo, being the turbo charging capability and the wireless charging..
    01-22-2015 08:04 AM
    Meteorological science 'fits' explaining the weather, but weathermen don't use it. Why? Because the general population won't understand.

Not everyone took calculus in high school, and even those of us that did probably haven't thought of it since the calculus final that year.
    Hmmm...meteorological science with CFD calcs performed by super computers (solving systems of high order differential equations) doesn't really equate to finding the area under the curve. I think the general population is, in fact, intelligible enough to understand area. Probably not enough to discern the difference between a conservative and non conservative vector field.

Your argument has done little to sway me toward "dumbing it down". I guess my consideration that a " smartphone" would have a smart user was unsound.
    01-22-2015 08:28 AM

My post was a bit confusing. I said phone's battery memory, meaning to say the phone's internal memory of battery usage. The internal phone memory that predicts/tracks battery usage. The article touches upon my point when suggesting the occasional 'calibration'.
    01-22-2015 08:46 AM
    Mod note: let's keep posts civil and relevant to the topic please.

From an AOSP M8
    01-22-2015 11:40 AM
    I saw a post .. I think in a review in Google Play Store ... where the OP stated:
    "Lollipop is the Windows Vista of Android!"
    Let's hope that is NOT the case, lol.

= = =
    01-22-2015 06:17 PM
    Battery life seems stellar.
    Admittedly I would call my usage 'light use' (?) .... some texts, a 2-3 voice calls, checking out Play Store apps, some browser activity, picture here and there, etc. I'm only discharging approx 25-30% day !
    (not doing YouTube, videos or streaming music, etc)

Would you guys (and girls) call this 'light use', or ?

I've disabled a few of built in VZN apps, like the Amazon stuff and so on.

= = =
    01-22-2015 06:23 PM
    Yes I would say that's light use. And 25-30% average battery use daily is really good.
    01-22-2015 08:17 PM
    I've been off in the real world and not posting much but did check the GSam battery app and noted that average battery life between full charges is 3 days, 2.2 hours and the average screen on time has been 3 hours, 26 minutes, with a max of 5 hours, 28 minutes.

I generally throw the phone on the charger between 40 and 60% indicated remaining battery life. Most of my usage is phone, text and taking and transmitting photos and videos, lesser internet browsing and using as a GPS. I optimized using early AC threads on the phone (was a launch day purchaser) and haven't done anything since other than taking the KitKat update back in November. Overall, it's a phone I throw on my belt or into my pocket each day and use. I don't really give the battery a second thought. It works.
    01-25-2015 12:45 PM
37 12