01-25-2015 12:45 PM
37 12
tools
    I love this phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Yes!!!  I love the Droid Turbo Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1421758513219.jpg  
    01-20-2015 07:55 AM
    How much of that time was the screen on tho?
    01-20-2015 08:08 AM
    Apparently 30%? I have used it quite a bit, there were a couple small charges in there, but integrating that curve has a fair bit more area than even my Maxx did when new.
    01-20-2015 08:26 AM
    Apparently 30%? I have used it quite a bit, there were a couple small charges in there, but integrating that curve has a fair bit more area than even my Maxx did when new.
    I'm no expert, but if "there were a couple small charges in there", doesn't that negate any type of results? Don't get me wrong. I'm pleased that you're loving your Turbo. Most of us are as well.
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    01-20-2015 09:33 AM
    How much of that time was the screen on tho?
    Does it matter? If he's doing everything he wants to do and getting 2 days of battery life, who cares how much is screen on time.
    It's pretty impressive and a great phone!

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    01-20-2015 09:34 AM
    If you touch "Screen" it will show you how much actual time the screen was on in hours and minutes.
    01-20-2015 09:34 AM
    Coming from the Droid Razr Maxx with the 3300mAh battery to the Turbo with its 3900mAh battery was a bit less impressive experience for me. I really think the amount of battery required for the Turbo screens eats up that extra 600mAh and makes it a wash. In some cases, I feel I got better battery life from my Razr Maxx.
    01-20-2015 09:37 AM
    I'm no expert, but if "there were a couple small charges in there", doesn't that negate any type of results? Don't get me wrong. I'm pleased that you're loving your Turbo. Most of us are as well.
    They would, had they been full charges. Hence the explanation of integrating the curve.

I have had a RAZR Maxx, a Droid Maxx and now a Turbo. The Turbo is the best battery life I have experienced to date. If Verizon doesn't give us over the air enemas, it will be a fine phone indeed.
    01-20-2015 09:50 AM
    I gotta admit to loving mine as well. Great battery life.
    01-20-2015 10:05 AM
    Lollipop will make the battery even better. Cannot wait to see what it has in store for us.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jordan Sheppard likes this.
    01-20-2015 10:08 AM
    I didn't realize that LP will improve battery life.
    01-20-2015 10:12 AM
    They would, had they been full charges. Hence the explanation of integrating the curve.

I have had a RAZR Maxx, a Droid Maxx and now a Turbo. The Turbo is the best battery life I have experienced to date. If Verizon doesn't give us over the air enemas, it will be a fine phone indeed.
    I gotcha now. I'm still learning. I just recently installed GSam and I was instructed to let it run a few days, that start to analyze the data. I'm trying to learn about this app and how the battery works in general.
    01-20-2015 10:13 AM
    Coming from the Droid Razr Maxx with the 3300mAh battery to the Turbo with its 3900mAh battery was a bit less impressive experience for me. I really think the amount of battery required for the Turbo screens eats up that extra 600mAh and makes it a wash. In some cases, I feel I got better battery life from my Razr Maxx.
    I agree with this, as my DRM got 2 days of life, easily, with an 80% drain. But, these are two different phones. The DRM pales in comparison to the speed, sharp display, and power of the DT. Losing 9 hours or so of battery life for the improvements is a fair exchange, IMO.
    01-20-2015 10:37 AM

The point was though that he's misrepresenting the battery life due to the 'few small charges' (which also isn't good for the phone's battery memory). Great that he is happy with it, but the posted picture is slightly misleading to others.
    01-20-2015 10:41 AM
    I didn't realize that LP will improve battery life.
    Don't count on it. Google also said that KitKat had battery improvements but the Droid Maxx has had worse battery life on kk than on the original jellybean.

It could have better battery life but it's possible it will be a wash.
    jesta192 likes this.
    01-20-2015 10:41 AM
    Does it matter? If he's doing everything he wants to do and getting 2 days of battery life, who cares how much is screen on time.
    Cuz we're battery geeks and we want to know.

It's pretty impressive and a great phone!

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Loving my Turbo.
    01-20-2015 11:34 AM
    The point was though that he's misrepresenting the battery life due to the 'few small charges' (which also isn't good for the phone's battery memory). Great that he is happy with it, but the posted picture is slightly misleading to others.
    OK. So, the calculus reference isn't working here.
    01-20-2015 11:34 AM
    Whoooosh... the sound of a reference flying over multiple heads!

Posted via the Turbo
    01-20-2015 12:12 PM
    I'm guessing 85%+ of the general population wouldn't get a calculus reference. So, not sure why it would be used as an explanation as opposed to layman's terms.
    01-20-2015 01:17 PM
    I'm guessing 85%+ of the general population wouldn't get a calculus reference. So, not sure why it would be used as an explanation as opposed to layman's terms.
    Because it fits. Its a highschool concept, thus I thought people would understand. Not like we're solving systems of differential equations on the imaginary plane...
    01-20-2015 01:25 PM
    Because it fits. Its a highschool concept, thus I thought people would understand. Not like we're solving systems of differential equations on the imaginary plane...
    And thank goodness it's been 30 years since I had to do that!
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    01-20-2015 01:34 PM
    Exactly, us geeks wanna know how much time he is getting with the screen on.

I can normally get like 18 hours off the charger, with 4.5 - 5 hours of use time and then charge with like 18 - 22 % left
    01-20-2015 01:46 PM
    Meteorological science 'fits' explaining the weather, but weathermen don't use it. Why? Because the general population won't understand.

Not everyone took calculus in high school, and even those of us that did probably haven't thought of it since the calculus final that year.
    01-20-2015 01:55 PM
    I agree with this, as my DRM got 2 days of life, easily, with an 80% drain. But, these are two different phones. The DRM pales in comparison to the speed, sharp display, and power of the DT. Losing 9 hours or so of battery life for the improvements is a fair exchange, IMO.
    Agreed. The function/feature/specs between the two can not be compared. The Turbo has it all over the other one.
    01-20-2015 04:41 PM
    I would consider myself a power user, and this is the first phone where the battery is not an issue at all. It still throws me off how good the battery life is.

As someone who has only had an Android phone (Hero, EVO, Nexus, HTC ONE), I'm still conditioned to plug in whenever I can and micro-manage my battery (including buying Mophie cases and external batteries)... but not with the Turbo.

Granted, I have some other gripes with this phone, but the battery is by far the best thing about it and I can only hope my next phone has a monster battery.

#spoiled

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2015 08:50 AM
37 12