Does apps like clean master really work

50jj

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Don't know what to say. I installed clean master app first, a few years ago. It caught viruses that other security apps missed until they eventually caught up. My slow battery improved, by this time using cm clean master, cm security, and battery Dr. If everything here is believed to be true , I guess I have to do some more digging into the subjects of not only cheetah & cm apps, but others (cleaning, security, and more ) and are ANY worthwhile. If not, how do I keep my phone running at it's best?

Has anyone taken a close look at the permissions that other types of apps want, unrelated to the app itself? Most games, shop apps, and more. It's hard to find any that don't want some kind of access to your phone, no matter what you do. Rather than tear down one company, why don't they all get checked out. Won't be much left to do with a cell phone until decent regulations are made protecting our privacy, dropping the bloatware, and giving the consumers more rights so we can do what we want with our phones without all the confusion and worry about what we can or can't do without giving all our private info to whoever asks, just so we can use their app.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Please, read this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7082731

And this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4655557

Basically, there's not much you need to do. I never bother with cleaners, I don't mess with caches files for the life of a device. Never use task killers or optimizets/maximizers/boosters of any kind.

Android knows what it's doing. Just do serum carefully and get outta the way and let it do it's job as intended.

And, in Marshmallow 6.0 and later you can pick and choose what permissions to allow. Pretty much solves the problem. of permissions.. But dat-mining your info can still be a problem. See this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4752098

Last edited:

JerseyBiker

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I get that running Clean Master and similar apps may be detrimental. But what happens to junk that is left over from uninstalls, downloads, etc? Do they just continue to accumulate or does Android eventually remove them? I sometime install CM to remove junk and uninstall it after I'm finished. It's a very annoying program always bugging me to do something and alway make it's presence known.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Uninstall apps this way:
Settings :> Apps > Select app >. Force stop > Storage > cache > Clear data.

That will ensure little or no files are left behind by poorly written uninstall scripts. If anything is left when uninstalling by this this way it would only maybe an empty folder or two which take up totally insignificant space.

I never worry about accumulation of junk files for the life of a device. Uninstall apps as 8 I outlined and then never become a problem.

Downloads and misc files can be easly taken care of with a file manager.

Last edited:

Android or Die

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I really don't see the need for a third party cleaning app when most of the newer android phones come with ram system cleaner. Clean master when I had it way back when it seem like my phone would usually run a little hotter than before I had it and my battery life wasn't that great due to it always running to scan the system of your phone and on top of that I hated all the other apps it recommended to download that really had no purpose for my phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Agree that some app-Cleaners can cause more damage than
good on your device. I do have the free Mobile-CCleaner..

It does a decent job. Except that cleans the Cache manually it says that
Marshmallow doesn't let it Clean automatically. That's all..Bye now

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I really don't see the need for a third party cleaning app when most of the newer android phones come with ram system cleaner. Clean master when I had it way back when it seem like my phone would usually run a little hotter than before I had it and my battery life wasn't that great due to it always running to scan the system of your phone and on top of that I hated all the other apps it recommended to download that really had no purpose for my phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Agree. Clean Master is a horrible app in my opinion.

DroidForPresident

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I uninstalled CM today and I can immediately tell a huge difference in my devices performance and battery life. I used to have an overheating problem where the whole device became hot. It got to a point where I was worried that the screen would melt because it felt so hot. As for the battery... well, I had to charge it twice a day if was listening to music or watching videos a lot on that day. A full charge would last for 16 hours with minimal use, meaning no videos, music, internet, no playing etc. Apps where really laggy and didn't run smoothly. My screen was freezing every now and then and the device rebooting mysteriously. The device would also turn it self off if yhere was about 10% of battery left.

All those issues are now gone. After I uninstalled CM, the device is running A LOT smoother. There's very little heating now and battery life has increased considerably.

I totally agree with allowing to your Droid to do what it does best. These cleaner apps are totally useless, because Android is a lot smarter and a lot more effective. Sure the cleaner apps help to have more space available on your device, but the task killing is what kills the device. As many have said, those tasks will only restart and that's what kills the performance and battery. The device I'm using is my trusted S5 Galaxy. Atm it's working like it did when I turned it on the first time: like a thought.

bwebber2

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I used Clean Master today. BAD IDEA!!!! It deleted hundreds of photos and videos and a thousand songs. Terrible app. Don't use it. Pure evil! Now I have to see if I can recover them all. :mad:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used Clean Master and I don't think it really benefitted my device in any way - in fact, I feel like it might have hindered it. As other users here have stated, a lot of phones now come with things like Power Saving Mode, app clean-ups, etc already built-in; so I do not recommend getting an app like Clean Master. Root through the apps you don't use and delete those to free up space. Good luck! :)

StoreyI69

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanx! I was wondering cuz pop -ups constantly keep telling me my memory is full and it isn't! At first; I used one to clean it and thought I did, and I'll be damned if it still pops-up telling me it's full again. ...Annoying as all hell!**

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke