01-25-2015 11:13 PM
27 12
tools
    Hi all:

If you read my previous bellyaching thread about my experiences with the Turbo, you will know I had a lot of trouble with this device. However, after 2 weeks with the new Moto X, I went back to the Turbo. To resolve the issues I had with Verizon and the phone, Verizon agreed to refund the money I was out of pocket, when I needed to replace my 4th defective Turbo on the spot. I needed a phone for business and couldn't want for a mailed replacement.

I used the Moto X for 2 weeks. It is a great device. However, the battery life is not good enough for my use. And, the lack of wireless charging turned out to be a bummer. And, the limited storage turned out to be more of a problem than I had expected. Otherwise, it is a fantastic device. Size, screen, version 5.0 software, etc. are all terrific. But, if the battery doesn't last, then it doesn't work for me.

So, the store exchanged the Moto X for a new Turbo 64 Nylon. After inspecting and testing the new unit, I was satisfied that they have rectified the volume issues I experience with the October built Turbo. So, there is a happy ending. Verizon did the right things by me, and I was able to get the device I wanted.

Win-win.

Now, common Lollipop! I was a little spoiled for those two weeks. ;-)

Cheers
    01-21-2015 11:12 AM
    What was the battery life like? I came from a 2013 X and always think I should have got the New X but the battery life and the smaller storage are what keeps me with the Turbo.

Hi all:

If you read my previous bellyaching thread about my experiences with the Turbo, you will know I had a lot of trouble with this device. However, after 2 weeks with the new Moto X, I went back to the Turbo. To resolve the issues I had with Verizon and the phone, Verizon agreed to refund the money I was out of pocket, when I needed to replace my 4th defective Turbo on the spot. I needed a phone for business and couldn't want for a mailed replacement.

I used the Moto X for 2 weeks. It is a great device. However, the battery life is not good enough for my use. And, the lack of wireless charging turned out to be a bummer. And, the limited storage turned out to be more of a problem than I had expected. Otherwise, it is a fantastic device. Size, screen, version 5.0 software, etc. are all terrific. But, if the battery doesn't last, then it doesn't work for me.

So, the store exchanged the Moto X for a new Turbo 64 Nylon. After inspecting and testing the new unit, I was satisfied that they have rectified the volume issues I experience with the October built Turbo. So, there is a happy ending. Verizon did the right things by me, and I was able to get the device I wanted.

Win-win.

Cheers
    01-21-2015 11:22 AM
    Medium to heavy use is 17 hours at best. I was able to nudge 24 hours out of it by "managing" use and turning things off. However, I prefer to just leave it all on, not worry about it, and last the full time I need to last.
    jesta192 likes this.
    01-21-2015 11:40 AM
    Hi all:

Win-win.

Cheers
    Glad everything worked out for you. It's great that you wound up with the best phone ever(as long as it's not from the bad batch). And Verizon isn't as evil as everyone here would have you believe.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-21-2015 11:57 AM
    15-17 hours is what I'm getting out of my turbo..... What's the build date for your newest one?
    01-21-2015 12:27 PM
    12/14/14 build date. Feeling better about it.
    01-21-2015 02:47 PM
    I was getting about 16 hours use from my moto x 2013 with about 4 hours Screen time. Sounds like the newer one is similar. Wish it had a slightly larger battery.
    01-21-2015 04:16 PM
    12/14/14 build date. Feeling better about it.
    How did you find the build date of the Turbo?

Sent with my Kindle Fire HDX 7" via Tapatalk.
    01-21-2015 04:44 PM
    My Turbo rocks

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2015 05:50 PM
    It may be in settings / about phone / status - "Assembled on" is the date that the phone was made. (The "build date" in settings / about phone is the build date of the Android build, not the actual phone.)
    01-21-2015 06:52 PM
    Ok, thanks.

01-21-2015 07:02 PM
    Welcome back.
    01-21-2015 07:11 PM

It's under About Phone / Status. All the way at bottom. Assembled Date

Mine is 11/26/14

01-21-2015 09:13 PM
    It's under About Phone / Status. All the way at bottom. Assembled Date

Mine is 11/26/14

Found it. Mine is 12/13/14.
    01-22-2015 07:05 AM
    I agree about the similarity between the 2014 and 2013 Moto X battery life. I think they missed an opportunity with the 2014 model to increase the battery size more than 100 mah. Even if they had approached 2,800 to 3,000 mah, that would have been satisfactory.
    01-22-2015 09:37 AM
    I agree about the similarity between the 2014 and 2013 Moto X battery life. I think they missed an opportunity with the 2014 model to increase the battery size more than 100 mah. Even if they had approached 2,800 to 3,000 mah, that would have been satisfactory.
    QFT. I don't understand this desire for thinnest phone. I'd buy an X in a heartbeat if it was a mm or two thicker and had a bigger battery. I think Motorola blew it this year.
    01-22-2015 10:07 AM
    QFT. I don't understand this desire for thinnest phone. I'd buy an X in a heartbeat if it was a mm or two thicker and had a bigger battery. I think Motorola blew it this year.
    Agreed, if it had a bigger battery, and perhaps Qi charging, it would be a winner on all accounts. As it is, the Turbo is the best alternative. My only design gripe is the capacitive buttons, which elongate the device, awkward speaker placement, and only offering BN for the 64 gig model. The materials offered on the X are more attractive and more comfortable to hold, in my opinion.
    01-22-2015 01:02 PM
    I would go for a 6 with a larger battery.
    01-22-2015 04:47 PM
    My 'Build On / Assembled on' date is 12-26-2014

fwiw.
    01-22-2015 05:14 PM
    Is there like a cutoff date that if yours was made before then that you should be worried lol?

01-23-2015 08:58 PM
    Is there like a cutoff date that if yours was made before then that you should be worried lol?

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if the earlier builds are the ones with the less than stellar battery life.
    Mines 12/12/14 and battery has been amazing.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    01-23-2015 09:10 PM

Not sure if you are talking to me (?), but ... since on the VZN forum, more than 1/2 of posts had issues with Volume ... and a LOT of those posts were from Nov. I have no issue with volume or battery ... so do the math.
    01-23-2015 09:48 PM
    I had 5 turbo replacements manufactured in October 2014 and all were defective, in my opinion. My 12/15/14 Turbo appears to be just fine, and absent of all of the other issues. Though, my battery life is worse than before. Can't tell if it is due to different use or not.
    01-24-2015 03:43 PM
    My build date is 12/25/14 and the only thing I've noticed is there's some hesitation on running apps and things become unresponsive for a couple seconds before the apps force close.....I just came over from the HTC M8 so I'm giving it a few weeks to see if things settle down before grabbing a pitchfork, lol.
    01-24-2015 10:48 PM
    Nov 20th here, Gsam reports average batt life as
    2d 5.7hrs (17h 27m active)
    4h 26m screen on (3h 29m Max) whatever that means.
    01-25-2015 02:50 PM
27 12