Location notification becoming annoying.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The "Location found" notification is getting really old. Is there a way, short of disabling location services to get rid of it?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

What app do you go to when you tap that notification? That might be a clue where to turn off a notification.

You can try settings / location, tap "Google app", uncheck show notifications,

Though it might be in the app Google settings, now cards, turn off show notifications for card updates.

I've also read it might be in the assist app? If you use that, try looking in the settings for drive or home, see if there is a way to turn off notifications...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you go to settings / apps, swipe to all, is GPS notifier in the list? If so, and you tap it, is there an "show notifications" checkbox you can uncheck?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have Greenify force close it automatically (Hibernate). It still pops up from time to time.

This little app must have more of a purpose than just to simply annoy us with that notification, no?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I forget how I stopped mine from appearing, but trying touching on the notification from the drop-down. That will probably take you to where you need to be to disable the notification.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is Google location on as well? I ask because I don't get that notification anymore when all of my GPS services are on.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have Location "on" but Google Location Reporting and Location History "off."

To those that are not experiencing the constant "Location Found" notification, are you using Assist?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you. Are you using the Command Center widget? I only got that notification when I used that widget. When I didn't have the widget, I didn't see the notification. So I would assume for me, that was the culprit.

Posted via the Android Central App

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I do have the command center widget. I will check location history. However, I do Luke the cards which result from the history... :/