Voice launch chime

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I was in class, with my phone supposedly silenced when the voice launch chimed. It was at full volume and disrupted the class. Not good for my grade.

So, is there a way to get the chime turned off when the phone is on vibrate...or get rid of it all together?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure - you'll have to ask Motorola that one.

Another idea is to change the launch phrase to something that will never have a false positive.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It has a false positive on "Привет мой мобильник". So, I'm not sure how to make something less prone to false positives...?

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
The chime and other moto voice things go by the media volume. If you silenced your ringer you'll still hear it.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Why not set you classes up as meetings in your phone calendar then use Moto assist to silence the phone during meetings . It has the settings to do it .

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why not set you classes up as meetings in your phone calendar then use Moto assist to silence the phone during meetings . It has the settings to do it .
I already have a class scheduler which does the same. Unfortunately, moto voice doesn't silence. The main point is that there exists no control over the chime volume that I can find...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It has a false positive on "Привет мой мобильник". So, I'm not sure how to make something less prone to false positives...?

I wonder if it expects english language phrases; maybe that's why? Maybe you should try an English phrase. Maybe that will be better. In the meantime, I'd just turn the phone off during class, or turn off assist during class, until you've verified that it won't false launch.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it expects english language phrases; maybe that's why? Maybe you should try an English phrase. Maybe that will be better. In the meantime, I'd just turn the phone off during class, or turn off assist during class, until you've verified that it won't false launch.
I have tried several phrases. In English, Russian and German as well. I have been just shutting off the phone during class, which seems to be the only recourse.

I'm going to complain to Verizon to see if they can push it up hill to get the app developer on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2