97 1234
tools
    What type of case is on your phone?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-03-2015 07:40 PM
    What type of case is on your phone?

It's the Seidio Dilex Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails MIME offers Tempered Glass-uploadfromtaptalk1423015613743.jpg   MIME offers Tempered Glass-uploadfromtaptalk1423015638690.jpg  
    rdimedic likes this.
    02-03-2015 08:07 PM
    It's the Seidio Dilex Pro.
    Do you think the glass would work with a Otterbox Defender or Commuter?

02-03-2015 11:03 PM
    Do you think the glass would work with a Otterbox Defender or Commuter?

It will work with the commuter case with no problems.
    I have a friend who has an iVoler on his phone with the defender case. You would need to remove the built in plastic screen protector first, but the Mime glass is a little shorter at the bottom and this might be a problem. It might come into contact with the lower part of the case that comes up onto the screen. The iVoler goes right under that part and doesn't cause any issue.
    02-04-2015 05:06 AM
    Yes the bottom two corners of the Defender case to contact the glass but I don't notice any adverse effects. Now in use around a week and I've pretty much forgotten that the glass is even on the screen.

cbironman24 likes this.
    02-05-2015 05:11 PM
    I ordered my MIME Ghost Glass today so I should have it next week.

Thanks for all the posts here showing it fits great.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    02-06-2015 03:48 AM
    I got my MIME but I can't put it on until I get a replacement with a working speaker. I still love the packaging.
    02-09-2015 05:27 PM
    What's the thickness of this glass protector?
    02-10-2015 06:15 PM
    I have to order another MIME protector. I was installing it and my brothers nice cat jumped on me and messed me up. This happened just as I pulled the tab off so I ended up with cat hair under the protector.

Unfortunately, I can't be upset with her.
    Attached Thumbnails MIME offers Tempered Glass-1423623390160.jpg  
    BlazeHN likes this.
    02-10-2015 08:56 PM
    I ordered it today and let's see how it goes when I install it and use it for a while. The three main competitors in best tempered glass for the turbo is the ivoler, mime, and xtreme guard

02-11-2015 12:10 AM
    So I thought I would give the Mime a try and I am glad I did. I think I can now stop my search for a quality made glass screen protector.
    (I pulled off my iVoler to try this one out. I was happy with the iVoler but there was some halo around the top left corner that just kept bugging me. The rest of it was fine.)
    Compared to the iVoler the Mime is cut a hair smaller all around. They did a great job on the sides, It fits the Turbo perfect. The top is fine except for a tiny spot on the right edge of the camera. Its a little bubble that has actually gotten smaller then when It was first installed. I'm hoping with a little time that will smooth out all the way. The bottom fits great no lifting and no halo. I do think they could have even made the bottom cut a little bigger to come down more on the screen. (the iVoler I had came down almost all the way to the mic's with no lifting)

All and all I am really happy. The feel is good and almost no finger prints. Any smudges or prints that do show come right off with a wipe of the sleeve.

Here are some pictures to get an idea of the fit. Pictures were taken with my old Razr Maxx HD. It was rather hard to get a good clear picture of the edge of the protector. In some of the pictures it looks to be slight halo going on but I can assure you this is just the reflection of the sun coming through my window.

Attachment 161766
    Attachment 161767
    Attachment 161768
    Attachment 161769
    So if I'm seeing this correctly you went almost as high as possible and left extra room on the bottom? Can you take a direct picture overhead so the front camera shows perfectly and isn't obscured? I ask because I had to order a new one due to my brothers cat and I want to ensure proper alignment of this one. Even if the bottom lifts it throws the whole thing off top go bottom is incorrect.

Edit - actually one of your pictures is real good. Am I right that you basically used the camera edge as a guide?

Thank you!
    02-11-2015 02:10 AM
    So if I'm seeing this correctly you went almost as high as possible and left extra room on the bottom? Can you take a direct picture overhead so the front camera shows perfectly and isn't obscured? I ask because I had to order a new one due to my brothers cat and I want to ensure proper alignment of this one. Even if the bottom lifts it throws the whole thing off top go bottom is incorrect.

Edit - actually one of your pictures is real good. Am I right that you basically used the camera edge as a guide?

Thank you!
    Yes I used the camera as the edge guide. I aligned the top of the glass to sit at the top edge of the camera.
    02-11-2015 06:11 AM
    The best way to put on a screen protector is before you take off the protective tabs is to tape the one edge like a page on a book to the phone. Close and open the "page" to make sure it lines up with where you want it.
    Then go into the bathroom and run hot water to make the room a little steamy (this helps knock down the air born dust). Take the back protective tab off and fold the screen protector on. After stuck peel the top one off if it has one.
    If you find some small speck under screen take a piece of masking tape, lift the edge up and slide the tape in with the sticky side facing the speck and get it by pressing the screen protector back in place. Hopefully and usually the speck will come out with the tape.

02-11-2015 09:19 AM
    The best way to put on a screen protector is before you take off the protective tabs is to tape the one edge like a page on a book to the phone. Close and open the "page" to make sure it lines up with where you want it.
    Then go into the bathroom and run hot water to make the room a little steamy (this helps knock down the air born dust). Take the back protective tab off and fold the screen protector on. After stuck peel the top one off if it has one.
    If you find some small speck under screen take a piece of masking tape, lift the edge up and slide the tape in with the sticky side facing the speck and get it by pressing the screen protector back in place. Hopefully and usually the speck will come out with the tape.

I'll follow that when I get my mime and I saw that it has this purple film which is meant to take out all dust and what not from the screen prior to putting on the glass

02-11-2015 09:43 AM

Been my method all along.
    02-11-2015 02:12 PM
    So since I needed protection while I wait for MIME I got a Flexible "Glass" from Verizon. I can't stress this enough - never buy this! Its an expensive "plastic" protector that feels NOTHING like glass. It has the same friction that the cheap plastic ones have and fingerprints are the same as plastic. I asked my friend how she likes my Glass protector and she said "You're joking, this is plastic you liar".

I can't help but feel this is nothing but advertising speak. Yes, it'll spider web if you bend it but in no way does it feel remotely close to glass. If you take a true Glass protector its hard to feel a difference. If you use the Flexible Glass from Verizon you can feel both the glass and protector and notice a night and day difference.

Can't wait to get my MIME. I want to rip this one off now but I don't want scratches before I get it.
    02-11-2015 08:35 PM
    So since I needed protection while I wait for MIME I got a Flexible "Glass" from Verizon. I can't stress this enough - never buy this! Its an expensive "plastic" protector that feels NOTHING like glass. It has the same friction that the cheap plastic ones have and fingerprints are the same as plastic. I asked my friend how she likes my Glass protector and she said "You're joking, this is plastic you liar".

I can't help but feel this is nothing but advertising speak. Yes, it'll spider web if you bend it but in no way does it feel remotely close to glass. If you take a true Glass protector its hard to feel a difference. If you use the Flexible Glass from Verizon you can feel both the glass and protector and notice a night and day difference.

Can't wait to get my MIME. I want to rip this one off now but I don't want scratches before I get it.
    That's what I have been trying ton tell as many people as possible. I had to get the Verizon screen protector because it was the only one out in day1 but now that there is options for real glass I too chose the mime.

02-11-2015 10:39 PM
    That's what I have been trying ton tell as many people as possible. I had to get the Verizon screen protector because it was the only one out in day1 but now that there is options for real glass I too chose the mime.

Its terrible. At first I thought maybe it was still sticky from the film. I cleaned it with an alcohol pad and it didn't do anything to help it. I've seen a few people here say it feels like glass and I just can't understand how they can say that. Its not even close.

The only reason I use it is because my MIME is in transit and I'm keeping this replacement phone in pristine condition. My other Turbo had micro scratches from being in its own pocket so I'm avoiding it this time.
    02-11-2015 10:52 PM

The Veirzon solution is the worse of all we've discussed. Even those that didn't care for the Xtreme Guard preferred them over VZW -- and at half the price. I was most displeased with my VZW POS "Tempered Glass".
    02-12-2015 06:00 AM
    The Veirzon solution is the worse of all we've discussed. Even those that didn't care for the Xtreme Guard preferred them over VZW -- and at half the price. I was most displeased with my VZW POS "Tempered Glass".
    Thats because even with the issues Extreme still felt like glass. The Verizon one doesn't.
    02-12-2015 02:07 PM
    Thats because even with the issues Extreme still felt like glass. The Verizon one doesn't.
    Absolutely. The VZW is not even rigid.
    02-12-2015 02:42 PM

I see on the Verizon website they offer a "tempered" glass now for the turbo. I wonder if this one has a better feel then the "flexible" one.
    02-13-2015 01:52 PM
    I see on the Verizon website they offer a "tempered" glass now for the turbo. I wonder if this one has a better feel then the "flexible" one.
    Usually it does from past experience.
    02-13-2015 02:21 PM
    Hey everyone! I just received The mime screen protector and all I can say is wow! The packaging is so unique and amazing. Honestly I could have never thought packaging for a glass screen protector could be so awesome. The installation process was a breeze. Mime doesn't rip you off because they really invest the 30 bucks to every little detail. I am having no sign of halo anywhere on the protector.

Attached Thumbnails MIME offers Tempered Glass-5234.jpg   MIME offers Tempered Glass-5232.jpg   MIME offers Tempered Glass-5231.jpg  
    dungoyle likes this.
    02-13-2015 08:41 PM
    Hey everyone! I just received The mime screen protector and all I can say is wow! The packaging is so unique and amazing. Honestly I could have never thought packaging for a glass screen protector could be so awesome. The installation process was a breeze. Mime doesn't rip you off because they really invest the 30 bucks to every little detail. I am having no sign of halo anywhere on the protector.

I absolutely love MIME's packaging. So professional and unique looking. The inside is very rigid so your protector won't break inside.
    Erick Garnica likes this.
    02-13-2015 09:39 PM
97 1234