MIME offers Tempered Glass

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So since I needed protection while I wait for MIME I got a Flexible "Glass" from Verizon. I can't stress this enough - never buy this! Its an expensive "plastic" protector that feels NOTHING like glass. It has the same friction that the cheap plastic ones have and fingerprints are the same as plastic. I asked my friend how she likes my Glass protector and she said "You're joking, this is plastic you liar".

I can't help but feel this is nothing but advertising speak. Yes, it'll spider web if you bend it but in no way does it feel remotely close to glass. If you take a true Glass protector its hard to feel a difference. If you use the Flexible Glass from Verizon you can feel both the glass and protector and notice a night and day difference.

Can't wait to get my MIME. I want to rip this one off now but I don't want scratches before I get it.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So since I needed protection while I wait for MIME I got a Flexible "Glass" from Verizon. I can't stress this enough - never buy this! Its an expensive "plastic" protector that feels NOTHING like glass. It has the same friction that the cheap plastic ones have and fingerprints are the same as plastic. I asked my friend how she likes my Glass protector and she said "You're joking, this is plastic you liar".

I can't help but feel this is nothing but advertising speak. Yes, it'll spider web if you bend it but in no way does it feel remotely close to glass. If you take a true Glass protector its hard to feel a difference. If you use the Flexible Glass from Verizon you can feel both the glass and protector and notice a night and day difference.

Can't wait to get my MIME. I want to rip this one off now but I don't want scratches before I get it.

That's what I have been trying ton tell as many people as possible. I had to get the Verizon screen protector because it was the only one out in day1 but now that there is options for real glass I too chose the mime.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's what I have been trying ton tell as many people as possible. I had to get the Verizon screen protector because it was the only one out in day1 but now that there is options for real glass I too chose the mime.

Its terrible. At first I thought maybe it was still sticky from the film. I cleaned it with an alcohol pad and it didn't do anything to help it. I've seen a few people here say it feels like glass and I just can't understand how they can say that. Its not even close.

The only reason I use it is because my MIME is in transit and I'm keeping this replacement phone in pristine condition. My other Turbo had micro scratches from being in its own pocket so I'm avoiding it this time.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

The Veirzon solution is the worse of all we've discussed. Even those that didn't care for the Xtreme Guard preferred them over VZW -- and at half the price. I was most displeased with my VZW POS "Tempered Glass".

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Veirzon solution is the worse of all we've discussed. Even those that didn't care for the Xtreme Guard preferred them over VZW -- and at half the price. I was most displeased with my VZW POS "Tempered Glass".

Thats because even with the issues Extreme still felt like glass. The Verizon one doesn't.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I see on the Verizon website they offer a "tempered" glass now for the turbo. I wonder if this one has a better feel then the "flexible" one.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just received The mime screen protector and all I can say is wow! The packaging is so unique and amazing. Honestly I could have never thought packaging for a glass screen protector could be so awesome. The installation process was a breeze. Mime doesn't rip you off because they really invest the 30 bucks to every little detail. I am having no sign of halo anywhere on the protector.

Attachments

• 5234.jpg
    5234.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 5232.jpg
    5232.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 5231.jpg
    5231.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just received The mime screen protector and all I can say is wow! The packaging is so unique and amazing. Honestly I could have never thought packaging for a glass screen protector could be so awesome. The installation process was a breeze. Mime doesn't rip you off because they really invest the 30 bucks to every little detail. I am having no sign of halo anywhere on the protector.

I absolutely love MIME's packaging. So professional and unique looking. The inside is very rigid so your protector won't break inside.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Very nice indeed. As long as my cheap-o Xtreme Guard continues to serve me well, at the give away price of $6, I can't be tempted away from them. However, the this kind of quality in packaging alone is impressive, and I'm looking forward to hearing more positive experiences with MIME on Turbo, in case I ever have to pay real moola for screen protection.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed it with minimal halo effect but I took it off the same day. No idea why but since it covers the sensors I found it to mess the device capabilities up too much. I could no longer twist my wrist for camera, waving/pick up to activate display was very intermittent (even after reboot), etc. I removed it and every issue went away.

Maybe its placement but its not worth losing functionality. I know Verizon has Glass now but I'm done worrying about it. These 2D displays suck. Great feeling protector but I can't figure out why my sensors were acting up.

Anyone else run into this? I know it was an issue with the thicker iVoler version but haven't heard of it on MIME.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed it with minimal halo effect but I took it off the same day. No idea why but since it covers the sensors I found it to mess the device capabilities up too much. I could no longer twist my wrist for camera, waving/pick up to activate display was very intermittent (even after reboot), etc. I removed it and every issue went away.

Maybe its placement but its not worth losing functionality. I know Verizon has Glass now but I'm done worrying about it. These 2D displays suck. Great feeling protector but I can't figure out why my sensors were acting up.

Anyone else run into this? I know it was an issue with the thicker iVoler version but haven't heard of it on MIME.

I didn't have any of those issues with mine. But I did have to remove it. I dropped my phone and it hit the base of my desk and put a chip in the protector. Thankfully it worked as it should have and protected the screen. I was going to order another but I had a replacement iVoler that I figured I would try out first. That went on great with almost no halo. (much better than the last one I had) So I think for now Ill stick with what is working and maybe just order a replacement Mime if I need it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any of those issues with mine. But I did have to remove it. I dropped my phone and it hit the base of my desk and put a chip in the protector. Thankfully it worked as it should have and protected the screen. I was going to order another but I had a replacement iVoler that I figured I would try out first. That went on great with almost no halo. (much better than the last one I had) So I think for now Ill stick with what is working and maybe just order a replacement Mime if I need it.

I wouldn't call my experience typical. MIME is normally great and maybe the positioning was off slightly but I can't see how since it was centered. Either way, I contacted MIME regarding it to see why this would happen and they refunded me my money no questions asked. They have never heard of this before which makes sense but I got unlucky.

I have the Verizon Tempered Glass (not Flexible) on the way now. We shall see how this fits because I do know it feels great.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call my experience typical. MIME is normally great and maybe the positioning was off slightly but I can't see how since it was centered. Either way, I contacted MIME regarding it to see why this would happen and they refunded me my money no questions asked. They have never heard of this before which makes sense but I got unlucky.

I have the Verizon Tempered Glass (not Flexible) on the way now. We shall see how this fits because I do know it feels great.
Let us know how the Verizon one works out.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how the Verizon one works out.

Will do. I anticipate that it'll fit similar to the Flexible Glass which leaves a little room but that's fine by me. I would rather be guaranteed no lifting and all sensors cut out.

I realize this is what it takes since the Note 4 requires the same figment.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine today...My little guy smashed the ivoler...not sure how?

I received mine today and it isn't great. I guess I'll contact mime and see what they say

Attachments

• 20150220_181734.jpg
    20150220_181734.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 19

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Will do. I anticipate that it'll fit similar to the Flexible Glass which leaves a little room but that's fine by me. I would rather be guaranteed no lifting and all sensors cut out.

I realize this is what it takes since the Note 4 requires the same figment.

The Verizon glass ones are just thick plastic. I had the flexible one which I had to remove to send in my defective turbo. At the time I got the turbo there was just that one so I got it. 20 damn bucks for just bs.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Very nice indeed. As long as my cheap-o Xtreme Guard continues to serve me well, at the give away price of $6, I can't be tempted away from them. However, the this kind of quality in packaging alone is impressive, and I'm looking forward to hearing more positive experiences with MIME on Turbo, in case I ever have to pay real moola for screen protection.

That's great news your xtreme guard is doing its justice and serving as a great screen protector. Yes the mime is expensive but worth it because you can clearly see they also invested those 25 bucks in the packaging and the quality do the glass and glue to last a long time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO