MIME offers Tempered Glass

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon glass ones are just thick plastic. I had the flexible one which I had to remove to send in my defective turbo. At the time I got the turbo there was just that one so I got it. 20 damn bucks for just bs.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Flexible Glass isn't the same thing as the actual Tempered Glass that they're offering now. They're two different products and from past experience the Verizon Tempered Glass feels like glass

Yes, the Flexible Glass sucks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today and it isn't great. I guess I'll contact mime and see what they say

I think you need to apply the protector slightly higher.

Although, either way I'm tired of this. All of our experiences vary so much on every protector. 2D glass sucks.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Although, either way I'm tired of this. All of our experiences vary so much on every protector. 2D glass sucks.

Think it's safe to remove and reapply? I just assumed because of the edges that it wasn't placement. The front facing camera is centered very well with the cut out

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I feel the same. I'm starting to wonder if the DT glass slightly varies from each handset. Maybe glass screen protectors are just hit and miss?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same. I'm starting to wonder if the DT glass slightly varies from each handset. Maybe glass screen protectors are just hit and miss?

I've wondered this as well -- could there be variations in the surface of the Turbos?

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
With the screen replacement do you really think we need extra screen protextion

It can't hurt to have a little extra protection. If I get a scratch I would rather pull off the glass screen protector and apply another one instead of getting the screen replaced.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
After a 25% success rate with iVoler, I ordered a Mime - set to arrive next week. Here's hoping it is more of a hit than a miss...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its installed the Verizon Tempered Glass today! Its about as big as the Flexible Glass but its thicker and feels like actual glass!

I am sorry I have no additional camera to get a picture but it fits great. I see slight halo effect on the sides but its far better than the rest and may be my fault. I kept aligning it because I kept messing up since its a perfect fit width wise for the display itself.

Edit - the Halo is gone after wiping with pressure. Best protector on the market thus far.

Highly recommended to everyone that is looking for real glass and a product that SHOULD go on the same each time. I had one Halo in the right center but it went away with some pressure.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry forgot to post an image to show its a different product from the Flexible.

Attachments

• 1424575689273.jpg
    1424575689273.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you look closely you can see the size of the protector. Best I can do with no camera

Verizon Tempered Glass

(Please be aware the image is mirrored so the cutouts are actually reversed)

Attachments

• 1424578179613.jpg
    1424578179613.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Should I be able to buy this at a local Verizon store? Or is it only available online?

I called the other day and they were not in stock. However, he did say they should have them soon so you would need to call and find out. When you do just make sure they understand you're talking about actual Tempered Glass and not the Flexible.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I called the other day and they were not in stock. However, he did say they should have them soon so you would need to call and find out. When you do just make sure they understand you're talking about actual Tempered Glass and not the Flexible.

Awesome. They're closed today, but I'll call tomorrow to inquire.
I've had a $10 off coupon from Ensignal for awhile and I've been holding onto it only since it has no expiration date.
The stores are so limited on what accessories they offer/carry and they're usually quite over priced so I didn't think I would ever use the coupon, but if I can use this on a tempered glass screen, bonus.
Thanks for the info!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. They're closed today, but I'll call tomorrow to inquire.
I've had a $10 off coupon from Ensignal for awhile and I've been holding onto it only since it has no expiration date.
The stores are so limited on what accessories they offer/carry and they're usually quite over priced so I didn't think I would ever use the coupon, but if I can use this on a tempered glass screen, bonus.
Thanks for the info!

Is Ensignal a Premium Retailer? I'm not sure if a non-corporate store will carry the Tempered Glass by Verizon.

Either way, if all else fails you can order it online. I'm just glad I have a protector that fits well and should fit well each time. Of course, as we know you need to align it properly.

As a side note, the FRONT protective film has a red dot matrix on it. This matrix outlines the display area itself to help align it. :)

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Is Ensignal a Premium Retailer? I'm not sure if a non-corporate store will carry the Tempered Glass by Verizon.

Either way, if all else fails you can order it online. I'm just glad I have a protector that fits well and should fit well each time. Of course, as we know you need to align it properly.

As a side note, the FRONT protective film has a red dot matrix on it. This matrix outlines the display area itself to help align it. :)

Not sure on the premium label, but retailer yes. They do carry the VZW flexible glass for the Turbo, so I would like to think they could/would get this tempered glass version as well. I'll find out tomorrow. Worse case scenario, I'm going up to SLC (2 hour drive) in a week, so I could try the retailers up there as a backup plan.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure on the premium label, but retailer yes. They do carry the VZW flexible glass for the Turbo, so I would like to think they could/would get this tempered glass version as well. I'll find out tomorrow. Worse case scenario, I'm going up to SLC (2 hour drive) in a week, so I could try the retailers up there as a backup plan.

I'd just order online if needed with the free shipping.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like MIME is sending me a free screen protector due to the edges lifting. If this one doesn't turn out I'll grab the Verizon tempered glass next

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd just order online if needed with the free shipping.

Just reporting back..
Seems this is my only option. Despite being a premium VZW retailer, they do not carry nor will they order any VZW branded accessories. That is lame.
But at least ordering online, I can get my husband's corporate discount and free shipping. That is the route I'll take should we decide to try the new tempered glass offering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood