Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I love my Turbo but my email keeps re-downloading even after I've deleted. I just deleted 123 emails dating back to December. then I heard email notification again and this time 149 emails were DL'ed again duplicating what I deleted plus some. With the Turbo you can't do a select all to delete so it's one at a time or check all and then hit delete. HELP I can't keep doing this. I've checked email settings and I see nothing where I can get this to stop.:(

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't tried clearing the cache you could try that .
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will*not*delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off,*press*and hold*VOL*DOWN KEY*+*POWER*key*(simultaneously)*for*5 seconds*and then release both buttons.

2. The device will display*different*BOOT*OPTIONS

3. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to SCROLL to*Recovery*and*POWER*Key to select*

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have*waited to long to make a selection, you*will need to begin the process again.*

4. The device will display*the*Motorola logo and then*the*Android in distress*( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the*VOL UP*key.*While still holding*the*VOL UP*key*tap and release the*POWER*key. Once you see the RED text at the top of the screen, release both buttons (should take only a second).

Tip: You can*try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are*stuck on step 5, try a*force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key until your device reboots, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in*BLUE)*

7. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to scroll to*wipe*cache*partition*and the*POWER*Key to select*this*option

8.*The device will then perform*the partition wipe

9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

Now this procedure can take up to 10, sometimes I've heard of up to 20 mins..

I know I was having a different problem with the stock email app so I switched to K9 email and its been working great .

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Oh I'm using my verizon account. So whatever settings they gave me is what I'm using. My other phone there was something under settings about never removing from server or remove once deleted this phone doesn't have that option and it's supposed to be a more advanced smarter phone LOL

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here with default email app & what's worse, no way to "delete all". I use Blue Mail and have been thrilled with it - all the features you could ever want, totally configurable & works with ANY email protocol even, sets up accounts virtually automatically.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm using my verizon account. So whatever settings they gave me is what I'm using. My other phone there was something under settings about never removing from server or remove once deleted this phone doesn't have that option and it's supposed to be a more advanced smarter phone LOL
Those settings/features are app specific, not phone specific. I would think the stock app would give you those options, but other email apps have more features than others. I use K9 as mentioned above and always keep "Do not delete from server" , because I have my cox mail going to 2 phones and several computers. Once I delete an email from a specific location, say my phone, it doesn't come back to that device.

Perhaps try a different email app and see if that takes care of it.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
That's what I've been trying to find on my damn phone in settings. I did it on my other droid and everything worked fine. Let me see if I can find that damn setting Thank you so much

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay I think I found it. OMG what a trip. It was under the actual verizon set up and mine was not set to not delete from server so I changed it. Lets see if it works. Fingers Crossed. Thanks Guys