Droid Turbo Freezing.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've had the Turbo for about a month now and am extremely upset with the constant reboots. For the first few weeks the phone worked fine, nothing was out of the ordinary.

However, within this past week the phone has started freezing... I'll be using it and then suddenly the screen freezes and sits there and reboots itself. It does this a few times a day and is really getting on my nerves....

Any advice on what to do?

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Here's the VZW page on clearing the cache partition:

Wipe Cache Partition DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

You may also find other tips on possible causes of freezing in that knowledge base and/or Moto's similar documents.

If it doesn't randomly freeze and reboot in safe mode, then it's likely something added. My Turbo is almost stone stock with very few added apps or functions and it's been rock-steady since launch day. Good luck!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Clearing cache should help. If not, probably a bad app install. You can run it in safe mode, or you can uninstall the apps you installed since it went wonky and see which is causing the problem.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Removing the command central widget from home screen fixed my stutters and freezing

Posted via the Android Central App

usmc0341NN

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I am now on my third Droid Turbo 2 Within 4 months because each one is freezing. After the 3 phone having problems I asked to reset my contract with a new phone. Verizon told me I needed to pay $400 for my phone to end the contract And then spend another $600 for new phone so. Am paying 400 for a broken phone to get a new one that works. Does that sound Crazy to anyone else? I am not happy and Verizon has proven my phone is defective each time but they can't change the contract or the phone. They told me customer services was the only one who can help. This is how they hep by taking more money from the customers.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am now on my third Droid Turbo 2 Within 4 months because each one is freezing. After the 3 phone having problems I asked to reset my contract with a new phone. Verizon told me I needed to pay $400 for my phone to end the contract And then spend another $600 for new phone so. Am paying 400 for a broken phone to get a new one that works. Does that sound Crazy to anyone else? I am not happy and Verizon has proven my phone is defective each time but they can't change the contract or the phone. They told me customer services was the only one who can help. This is how they hep by taking more money from the customers.

This could be helpful: How to Contact Executive Customer Service and Get Your Problem Solved

I'd just *calmly* keep pressuring them to replace your phone.

(I'm also quite sure that freezing phone problems are almost always caused by the apps you've installed. I'd think about doing a factory data reset and only reinstall the apps that you absolutely need. At the very least, restart the phone in safe mode and see if it continues freezing, which should show that it is, indeed, an app issue.)

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I second the above post. My phone has never frozen, although every once in awhile it has run slow and hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance