06-28-2015 03:00 AM
176 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-screenshot_2015-04-13-19-26-39.png

Curious which part of my body I was moving while holding the camera in this shot, causing the blur?
    04-14-2015 12:43 PM
    No man I don't think this can ever get fixed its just the way it is. They tried to go all in with the features in this phone and for me they succeeded in every department except the camera. And I'd still rate the camera 8/10.

I understand the frustration. I do. But none of the phones I've had before did any better. I'm so sorry to say this but indoor shots have always been tricky. Even with my iPhone. Though I think the M8 did the best job as it has the quickest shutter speed out of all phone cameras I've used. But none of the others let me take a good action shot in challenging light conditions.

As the name suggests, the droid turbo is meant to be for the outdoorsy kind of people. For traveling. With their rugged design and battery life. It shows why they didn't work on their low light camera capability with this.

Its only due to the slow shutter speed that the droids camera is getting so much heat. And I agree there are better options. But still its not fair to say the camera isn't good. Its only not good in lowlight.

And I'll even say that the 21mp picture from the xperia looks more refined than the droids camera while zooming in. BUT STILL, it is good.

We can't have everything. And with the droid turbo, we nearly did.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2015 04:30 PM
    You tell me if you need a better camera. Untouched photo.

Attached Thumbnails Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-79259.jpg  
    04-14-2015 05:48 PM
    You don't pay much attention huh? Its been discussed... At length...landscape and long distance shots are more than satisfactory. Close up or action shots are a mess, or any challenging lighting.

So I guess to answer your question...yes I, ME PERSONALLY, need a better camera. Lol, this is so strange people can't accept people have different needs, wants, and uses. Wow.
    04-14-2015 05:51 PM
    Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-screenshot_2015-04-13-19-32-43.png

Since you obviously just skipped to the last page and posted a photo...I'll repost one of mine. Also unretouched.
    04-14-2015 05:53 PM
    You know all I have to say is stop it, the camera takes pictures just fine, either you like it or you don't. Stop complaining please its starting to feel like a preschool argument. Here is a picture I took today with my turbo it is more than exceptable

Attached Thumbnails Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-6334.jpg  
    04-14-2015 10:21 PM
    And another

04-14-2015 10:23 PM
    From today

Attached Thumbnails Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-7681.jpg  
    04-14-2015 10:24 PM
    And one more

Attached Thumbnails Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-6336.jpg  
    04-14-2015 10:26 PM
    And about the too much white for auto focus here ya go

Attached Thumbnails Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-6347.jpg  
    04-14-2015 10:30 PM
    I've taken some spectacular shots with the Turbo (below from last weekend) but that said, it's weakness is moving subjects in anything other than great lighting. I can understand the frustration of those who need or depend on a simple, quick & reliable camera because of that. However, for my purposes, I wouldn't trade my Turbo for any phone currently on the market. It does so many other things - and does them so quickly & smoothly that I'm willing to give it a pass on the camera weakness. I don't take many pictures and of those, the ones that are problematic are the minority so the blur caused by the slow shutter are just an occasional minor nuisance insufficient to sour me on the device in it's totality.

MA2GA28 likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:04 PM
    Hey, look! It's more stationary outdoor subjects in response to complaints about moving indoor subjects! Excellent!
    jamielov likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:05 PM
    I've taken some spectacular shots with the Turbo (below from last weekend) but that said, it's weakness is moving subjects in anything other than great lighting. I can understand the frustration of those who need or depend on a simple, quick & reliable camera because of that. However, for my purposes, I wouldn't trade my Turbo for any phone currently on the market. It does so many other things - and does them so quickly & smoothly that I'm willing to give it a pass on the camera weakness. I don't take many pictures and of those, the ones that are problematic are the minority so the blur caused by the slow shutter are just an occasional minor nuisance insufficient to sour me on the device in it's totality.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...5bbf1c3496.jpg
    Love that pic.

Yours is an informed and reasonable viewpoint. I share it with you, though my frustration level is higher because I take a lot of shots of my daughter playing basketball. There are many degrees of separation between bright outdoor sunlight and dark night interior candlelight. As you point out, the Turbo struggles too close to the perfect sunlit end of the spectrum. Well lit scnenes (not outdoors) with mnotion will still blur.

Cue the next pic of outdoor scenery...
    jamielov likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:09 PM
    I've had some of the blurry shot issues too. Does anyone know if the app "Camera Zoom FX" results in better camera performance and pictures, and how it compares to other camera apps?

04-15-2015 03:37 AM
    You know all I have to say is stop it, the camera takes pictures just fine, either you like it or you don't. Stop complaining please its starting to feel like a preschool argument. Here is a picture I took today with my turbo it is more than exceptable

Lol...stop it...you aren't allowed your own opinion....here are 7 pictures that prove my opinion is the only right one. Gotta love it.
    04-15-2015 03:59 AM
    I've had some of the blurry shot issues too. Does anyone know if the app "Camera Zoom FX" results in better camera performance and pictures, and how it compares to other camera apps?

Myself and a few others have reported using free and paid apps (LOTS of them) with no real success or upgrades. As has been pointed out, they can only work with the hardware given to them, and its an overall conclusion that unless captured in optimal light and settings, motion is going to give the camera problems whee stationary shots will come out nicely.
    04-15-2015 04:02 AM
    Hey, look! It's more stationary outdoor subjects in response to complaints about moving indoor subjects! Excellent!
    It never ends. Your opinion is wrong, mine is right, and here is why (posts examples unrelated to problem at hand supposedly negating ones opinion while simultaneously "proving" posters opjnion is right....
    04-15-2015 04:04 AM
    When I want a good moving shot, first I start recording, then the shot I want take the pic. All moving shots come out good this way. If you need flash doing it, take it off Auto and put on continuous.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-15-2015 08:33 AM
    Two of those pictures were taken while driving, can you tell me which one,s so throw your comment out . you don't need to be so crass about things . hint picture of snow covered trees, and picture from garden of the gods of the rock formations and clouds in the back ground, both were moving shots.

04-15-2015 08:51 AM
    You refute the problem at hand by saying...."YOU have to stop complaining, YOU sound like a grade school argument. I AM right because my good photos cancel out your horrible ones!" And then call my comments crass...and again you see nothing wrong in that?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-15-2015 09:41 AM
    There isn't much else to say that isn't 4 pages of repeating. I simply don't understand why some can't understand and respect other peoples views. Besides being personally insulted in a now deleted thread (yes, over a cellular phone) I can't grasp why the defenders can't simply say...man, I have gotten some good pictures but I can see where you are having some issues and I would also be unhappy... Just as the detractors of the camera (myself included) CONTINUE to say under the proper conditions some of the shots do truly come out wonderful, but under certain situations the pics will come out brutally bad? Its really not that big of a concession. One side doesn't need to be 100% right. It blows my mind that anyone thinks I'm happy I paid $700 for a phone I ended up completely unhappy with. Yeah, I guess I really showed me! Earlier on I was accused of even using a screen grab (faking a photo) for an example of my Maxx in hard conditions. So yes, over a cell phone, I am using false pictures and examples to prove my false point. It really isn't something this worthwhile to be that suspicious and angry over... Differing views and opinions.
    04-15-2015 09:46 AM

I haven't tried that one in particular, but based on my experiences with others I don't expect it would be much of an improvment. The apps that allow for more granular manual settings of the camera don't necessarily work on the Turbo in that way. That is, the phone itself has to allow the app to set those settings. So, shutter priority for example didn't work on apps I tried because the Turbo won't allow an app to change the shutter speed.
    04-15-2015 10:13 AM
    When I want a good moving shot, first I start recording, then the shot I want take the pic. All moving shots come out good this way. If you need flash doing it, take it off Auto and put on continuous.
    Thanks for the tip. This is something I haven't tried as yet.
    04-15-2015 10:25 AM
    Two of those pictures were taken while driving, can you tell me which one,s so throw your comment out . you don't need to be so crass about things . hint picture of snow covered trees, and picture from garden of the gods of the rock formations and clouds in the back ground, both were moving shots.

And both were *outside* That is, lit fully by the sky. Not indoors. Not with indoor light. Outside.

The issue is light and motion, but it is more light. As I've said before, the shots I've taken of my daughter on the playground playing basketball come out great. In a well lit gym with large windows, during the day, they come out crappier than my Maxx shots did. The fact you got excellent pics under the conditions you did is completely irrelevant to the issues some of us are complaining about. I can't for the life of me understand why this is so difficult to comprehend. So, I'll just stop now.

Finally, I don't know who you're accusing of being "crass," because you didn't mention or quote, but the "tone" of your earlier post was pretty dismissive and condescending to be hauling out an accusation like that now.
    jamielov likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:29 AM
    Indoor shot. In a gym. No windows. Indoor light. Moving action.

Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?-img_20150213_freethrow3.jpg
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:48 AM
176 ... 23456 ...