Is there a replacement camera app that makes the camera better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Man, you just can't accept that the Turbo camera sucks. You are really going to criticize THAT photo but go on and on how great your Turbo photos are. You lost a lot of credibility on that last post.

Please point out where I posted photos from my Turbo and said they were "great"...

For a camera phone, that example is pretty damn amazing vs what you keep telling me the Turbo won't take.

The only thing that photo has going for it is that it stop-captured the motion of the players. Otherwise, it's crap. Why don't you post the actual photo as taken by your Maxx so we can all see it in all it's glory.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
well, thats another from the show. and I honestly deleted the worst of them, these were the ones I actually choose to keep. I dont know, maybe you feel the hockey one I posted was not great, but I would gladly take that quality over what I am getting now. I have tried so many different apps, so many different settings, and it just all sucks. I wont argue with the quality you are getting, but you said yourself maybe something is wrong with mine? I dont know, but maybe you can see what has me so worked up, you know?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
different show, same camera. Basically I am at the point where if I am not directly in their face under perfect lighting, forget it

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
well, thats another from the show. and I honestly deleted the worst of them, these were the ones I actually choose to keep. I dont know, maybe you feel the hockey one I posted was not great, but I would gladly take that quality over what I am getting now. I have tried so many different apps, so many different settings, and it just all sucks. I wont argue with the quality you are getting, but you said yourself maybe something is wrong with mine?

I'm sure the original picture of the hockey game is better than a screen grab of a picture on a monitor.

Yes, I think something is wrong with your camera.

I dont know, but maybe you can see what has me so worked up, you know?

Sheesh, yeah...I can see definitely see it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's a photo that someone else took with their Turbo that I downloaded and took a closer look at. It's not a fantastic shot, but considering the lighting it's pretty good. I don't see why your camera shouldn't do at least this well. Be sure to click on the photo and maximize it.

turbo photo.jpg

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
That's a perfectly acceptable photo given the lighting and the backdrop. Actually is pretty good.

No, sorry...i meant to say I agree...that photo came out great given the circumstances, taken with the maxx. I just meant there was a lot going on at the time I took it, and it still came out well. Then I try to shoot with the Turbo and get....well...you saw the results. I suppose I may need to take a trip to verizon if others are at least getting workable photos. I was not trying to come across as a smartass...but showing you what I am constantly getting, quality wise...i couldnt understand why anyone was saying they were acceptable.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I try to shoot with the Turbo and get....well...you saw the results.

Yes, I would be livid if that was the sort of photos I got with my new phone.

I suppose I may need to take a trip to verizon if others are at least getting workable photos.

I would definitely go there and complain. Show them the photos you posted here. Tell them you delete more photos than you keep. Dare them to take a photo with your phone and then one with a store demo Turbo phone. Make it a challenging shot, not a shot of a brightly lit object. Compare them side-by-side. I have to believe your phone camera will be inferior to the store's phone camera. Keep complaining until they swap out the phone for another one.

I was not trying to come across as a smartass...but showing you what I am constantly getting, quality wise...i couldnt understand why anyone was saying they were acceptable.

Well, I was wrong to imply your photos were good without seeing them. Those shots you posted are truly horrendous.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I went through my gallery on my Turbo looking for photos that might be similar to your concert photos, that is, lower light, or colored light, or difficult lighting conditions. Unfortunately, my camera is filled with shots of stuff related to work, or other boring things, but I do have a couple that were taken under somewhat challenging conditions. They do have some noise but I think they are decent shots. I know my Maxx HD would not have taken shots as well as the Turbo. Click on them and maximize.

GraceChurch_121414.jpg

Bar Countertop_120314_2.jpg

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Lens def not smudged. The photo quality has been this way pretty much since day one. I assumed with people chiming in that they were getting bad quality shots as well, it was the norm. But...I am seeing some examples, and am thinking it is a possibility maybe something is really wrong with mine. I really struggle getting a usable shot, but the examples above look a lot better than mine.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
jamielov, How does your camera do on extreme close-ups? Have you tried any? You could try to photograph some fine print on a brochure or something similar. I'd be curious to see how it turns out.

Oven Control Board.jpg

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I will give "A better camera" a try.

As it is now, I have largely quit using the camera in my Droid Turbo. It cannot not handle many of my use cases for out and about shooting. My previous phones (HTC Evo, iPhone, etc) have been adequate for these situations, but not the Droid Turbo. I have plenty of dedicated cameras so I will just have to carry them more often unless this app can get the Droid Turbo camera to an acceptable level of performance. The alternative is to continue to have my wife use her Galaxy S5 to take all the shots. That phone seems to have no issues in getting shots where the Droid Turbo fails.

I think it depends on each person's "use case". 95% of my photos are still scenery shots and I think it takes fabulous pictures in that context... significantly better than my M7. It does not do as well in low light as my M7 obviously, and it does struggle with motion shots... but I'd only qualify it as "horrible" if most of your shots are motion shots.

Posted via the Turbo

Bob Maida

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I really don't get the constant defenders of the camera app that constantly post on here, as this camera is indeed horrid. One shouldn't need to go through a checklist of 23 different settings and actions taken before shooting a photo to get something useable. Its annoying as hell to constant read "did you tap to focus, did you turn on/or HDR, did you stand on your head, did you secure the stillness of the camera with steel wires, did you snap the shot 7 seconds before the pic you wanted while holding the shoot button for an extra 9 seconds?". Its a point and shoot. Since we keep repeating the same defenses I'll repeat that my Maxx took constantly better pictures in regular and low light with no effort. If this camera is so great, even usuable, why are there roughly 19 posts on any turbo board complaining about it? User error, right?

And as usual as posted above....a still shot of parked cars "proving"??? The camera is great? Yet i can't get a useable pic of my lazy pug slowly walking across my living room. Photos at any hockey game I attend... Forget it. A blurry mess of half focused and half blurry players on the ice. Yeah...its a great camera.
Pay attention..... the picture of the cars was taken in very poor light

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20150120_223052782.jpg

My attemp, in good light, to get a pic of my dog. Pay attention, lol...look at that amazing detail of the 21mp powerhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1