As thread states I might edge up and switch my moto x 2014 to the turbo. Besides battery life and higher pixel camera is there much of a difference. Anyone make this switch already?
    01-26-2015 11:00 PM
    As thread states I might edge up and switch my moto x 2014 to the turbo. Besides battery life and higher pixel camera is there much of a difference. Anyone make this switch already?
    I have used both on Verizon. Long story, but I ended up with the Turbo. The battery life was the kicker for me. Plenty of small pros and con's, but battery is primary benefit for me. I don't play games, so the speed and additional screen resolution of the Turbo are somewhat lost on me. The Moto X has Lollipop and actually fits in your pocket (your pockets may vary :-) ). I anticipate a better Turbo software experience with Lollipop, since I experienced that with the Moto X. However, besides battery life, and unless you need the additional power, there is not that much that would compel me to switch. Both are very capable devices.
    01-27-2015 07:27 AM
    Those buttons tho on the turbo kill it for me. Kitkat buttons forever

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2015 07:32 AM
    My wife has the Moto X and I have the Turbo. I almost got the Moto X for the aesthetics alone. The look and feel of it is much nicer (in my opinion) than the Turbo. But the battery life of the Turbo is the main reason I chose it and I'm glad I did. I also use Qi charging but after using it for a few months I have to say, it's not really a game changer for me. It's nice, but I could live without it.

Because the additional software features are virtually the same on both phones (Active Display, Voice Actions, twist to start the camera, etc.) my user experience is largely the same on either phone. And I like them both.

I would say if battery life is not an issue for you on Moto X you probably won't benefit much from switching to the Turbo.
    tedbearclaw likes this.
    01-27-2015 12:25 PM
    My wife has the Moto X and I have the Turbo. I almost got the Moto X for the aesthetics alone. The look and feel of it is much nicer (in my opinion) than the Turbo. But the battery life of the Turbo is the main reason I chose it and I'm glad I did. I also use Qi charging but after using it for a few months I have to say, it's not really a game changer for me. It's nice, but I could live without it.

Because the additional software features are virtually the same on both phones (Active Display, Voice Actions, twist to start the camera, etc.) my user experience is largely the same on either phone. And I like them both.

I would say if battery life is not an issue for you on Moto X you probably won't benefit much from switching to the Turbo.
    Agreed, per above. I would venture to say that I actually do like the aesthetics of the Moto X better than the Turbo. But, again, for me it was a battery life decision - with QI charging a distant second. If battery is no issue, I also see limited benefit.
    01-27-2015 12:31 PM
    Thanks guys I think I am going to hold off then battery life really hasn't been an issue for me. I get a full day out of one charge anyway
    dcallan likes this.
    01-27-2015 03:30 PM