Why don't my notification sounds always work?

waltersjmk

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Notification sounds not always working!

I have had the Droid Turbo for just over a week now. My notification sounds for my texts, my yahoo email and also Facebook will work for a day or two and then they will all stop working. I have tried running the phone in safe mode and that did not help. If i reboot the phone the ywill start working again but only for a day or two. Could this be a faulty phone or is there something elso going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating.

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Notification sounds not always working!

The solution is to put the phone in the bottom of the toilet bowl and flush 3 times. This will clean out the gunk.

On a real life solution, that's definitely an odd situation. Maybe a full reset, just in case something is a little wonky.... Or maybe go into the notification settings and check to see if they're synced with your main ring tone settings.

You can choose to sync all notifications with ring tone or set notification volumes separate. Good luck!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

It's probably an app issue that's causing it. I'd also look at settings / sound / volumes before the next time you restart and see if the notification volume has gone down somehow. If the phone makes sound sometimes but then stops with time, but comes back when you restart - it's almost surely not a hardware problem.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

The solution is to put the phone in the bottom of the toilet bowl and flush 3 times. This will clean out the gunk.

On a real life solution, that's definitely an odd situation. Maybe a full reset, just in case something is a little wonky.... Or maybe go into the notification settings and check to see if they're synced with your main ring tone settings.

You can choose to sync all notifications with ring tone or set notification volumes separate. Good luck!!
How do you sync the notifications with the ringtones?

waltersjmk

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

I was using the Verizon message + app as my texting. I switched to Textra and that has fixed the problem for now.