05-03-2015 05:09 AM
117 1234 ...
tools
    thanks everyone for the feedback.

i am leaning towards the grey diztronic to compliment the red / 32gb phone that i will be getting.
    01-31-2015 03:14 PM
    can anyone make a direct comparison to the thinness between the diztronic and the cruzerlite cases?
    ... and the Cimo
    01-31-2015 06:27 PM
    When I first got my Turbo on Halloween, the options were considerably fewer than now. It was also less clear that some cases didn't fit both BN and MG versions of the Turbo (all the Verizon cases fit both).

So, the first case I ordered was the black X version Cimo directly from China. It turned out was for the MG version and I have the BN Turbo. It didn't fit (sides are too short).

I bring it up because I was very impressed with the quality and look of the case. I don't like the S design Cimo, but the X was pretty cool, although I do prefer a plain black.

I would recommend it highly, especially since you want the thinnest. Note that I too had a Feather shell for my Droid Maxx and I hated it. I couldn't see the point of using it. I do like the slimmest I can find, though and have historically used a silicone skin of some sort as my main case.

Beyond that I have both a black Tudia and a red Diztronic and they're both very nice. They seem to me to be about as thin as you can get. Definitley less bulky than an Otterbox Commuter or even the Verizon glossy silicone case (I have one in black), for example.

My guess would be the thinnest/lightest would still be a silicone gel skin, but they seem to have gone away to a large extent.
    Is the Diztronic thinner than the Cimo? Is the X pattern Cimo the same thickness as the S shape?
    01-31-2015 06:29 PM
    Is the Diztronic thinner than the Cimo? Is the X pattern Cimo the same thickness as the S shape?
    Cimo is thinner.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-31-2015 07:32 PM
    i considered the cruzerlite cases because i like having the cutouts but i didn't like the android logo on the back.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-31-2015 08:05 PM
    I have had this phone for a week and I love it. The battery lasts all day and it has Kit Kat 4.4.4 with Lollipop coming within the next week or two.
    02-01-2015 07:24 AM
    I have had this phone for a week and I love it. The battery lasts all day and it has Kit Kat 4.4.4 with Lollipop coming within the next week or two.
    What does that have to do with the thinnest case available?
    02-01-2015 07:27 AM
    I've got half a dozen or more cases & keep coming back to the Cruzerlite Bug Droid case.
    same here, the fitment is excellent....
    02-01-2015 09:37 AM
    i considered the cruzerlite cases because i like having the cutouts but i didn't like the android logo on the back.
    i tried all of the above and find myself going back to the cruzerlite case.
    02-01-2015 09:40 AM
    Cimo is thinner. I am guessing the two styles of the Cimo are the same thickness. I haven't had an S style in hand, though.
    02-01-2015 12:21 PM
    Just found this on Amazon. Seems like it is a similar case to the incipio feather that i had for my maxx. I have the ballistic nylon model and says it doesn't fit but may try it just incase.

Attached Thumbnails thinnest case available?-screenshot_2015-02-03-20-17-06.jpg  
    02-03-2015 08:40 PM
    Just found this on Amazon. Seems like it is a similar case to the incipio feather that i had for my maxx. I have the ballistic nylon model and says it doesn't fit but may try it just incase.

good find.

i think i might get this.
    02-03-2015 08:50 PM

just ordered the black and the red case!
    02-03-2015 09:06 PM

Great find. It lists the case as being 15g. I weighed my Diztronic at 28g. I think I'll try one of the blue ones. I hope they have a good non-slippery feel.
    02-03-2015 09:08 PM
    Great find. It lists the case as being 15g. I weighed my Diztronic at 28g. I think I'll try one of the blue ones. I hope they have a good non-slippery feel.
    One of the reviews says it does(for what its worth)
    02-03-2015 10:27 PM
    One of the reviews says it does(for what its worth)
    i tried to find a website for j&d but couldn't.
    02-03-2015 10:31 PM
    i tried to find a website for j&d but couldn't.
    Yea, I saw. I was just comparing that against their "Smooth coating on high quality polycarbonate". I suppose it can still be smooth and grippy at the same time. I'm assuming it'll be similar to the Diztronic feel.
    02-03-2015 10:46 PM
    Yea, I saw. I was just comparing that against their "Smooth coating on high quality polycarbonate". I suppose it can still be smooth and grippy at the same time. I'm assuming it'll be similar to the Diztronic feel.
    Anyone with the ballistic nylon gonna give this a try?
    02-03-2015 11:10 PM
    I ordered the black one and will give it a try on the BN64. I will report back tomorrow. Incidentally, this is exactly the kind of case I wanted in the first place.
    02-04-2015 09:47 AM
    Does the J&D case give any protection to the screen? Looks like it does not extend past the screen. With ballistic nylon not sure the phone needs anything to protect just the back.
    02-04-2015 03:51 PM
    J&D case does NOT fit the BN Turbo. Moreover, it only protects the back. And, as Ping Man correctly states, it seems silly to only protect the back since the back is already durable and scratch resistant. PM me if you want my J&D case for the cost of shipping. Might take a few days.
    02-05-2015 10:02 AM
    J&D case does NOT fit the BN Turbo. Moreover, it only protects the back. And, as Ping Man correctly states, it seems silly to only protect the back since the back is already durable and scratch resistant. PM me if you want my J&D case for the cost of shipping. Might take a few days.
    That sucks big time. At least we know, thanks for being the guinea pig.
    02-05-2015 10:38 AM
    My reason for getting the case though is because the phone is so darn slippery. I'm not as worried about protecting the back.
    02-05-2015 11:15 AM
    My reason for getting the case though is because the phone is so darn slippery. I'm not as worried about protecting the back.
    Me too, and most attractive cases for this phone are slippery too. I have the tudia and its slippery. Sounds like the Diztronic is made from the same material. Incipio needs to make a feather case for this phone. Even if they do, they will probably not make one for the BN.
    02-05-2015 11:43 AM
    Me too, and most attractive cases for this phone are slippery too. I have the tudia and its slippery. Sounds like the Diztronic is made from the same material. Incipio needs to make a feather case for this phone. Even if they do, they will probably not make one for the BN.
    Although... the Incipio feather case for the Droid Maxx weighs 18g and the J&D for the Turbo is only 15. I guess I'll know how nice it is tomorrow when it arrives.
    02-05-2015 01:00 PM
117 1234 ...