thinnest case available?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i am considering getting this phone and in the past i have used the incipio feather for my droid maxx since i do not want to add any bulk to the phone.

well, incipio is not making the feather for the droid turbo so i might have to find a new alternative.

any recommendations to something that is equal in thickness to the incipio feather that is out there?

thanks

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you because I have bought ALL of them in search of the least obtrusive Turbo case.

TPU cases offer the lightest and thinnest options, but some don't like the flexibility.

For reference, your feather case weighed in at 0.7 oz on my scale. I had the Maxx before the Turbo and used that case, so I am in the same boat.

The Cimo is the lightest, but it is not a "shell."

There are others, but I don't feel like writing them up.

1. Diztronic - Thin TPU case, 1.1 oz, cheap on Amazon Amazon.com: Diztronic Full Matte Charcoal Gray Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Turbo (Ballistic Nylon Version Only): Cell Phones & Accessories

2. Cimo - Thin TPU case, 0.8 oz, cheap on Amazon Amazon.com: Motorola DROID Turbo Ballistic Nylon Case, Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case For Motorola DROID Turbo (Ballistic Nylon Only) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is the thinnest / lightest case, overall, available!

3. Puregear Slim Shell - PC Plastic shell, 1.0 oz, This is a really nice case and the lightest shell case available. Amazon.com: for Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 PureGear Clear Slim Shell Oem Case 61013PG With PureGear Retail Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

4. Tudia TPU Slim case - 1.2 oz, This is a nice case with a little higher quality than the Diztronic. The penalty is a little extra weight.

5. Seidio Surface case and holster - 1.3 oz for the case, This is the best holster option for the turbo. Note also that you can just buy the holser and use it with any of the TPU case options above. The surface holster will not work with the Puregear shell.

6. Tech 21 case - 1.3 oz. Nice case, very grippy. Not the thinnest.

Last edited:

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender, Incipio Dual PRO, but my favorite for my Turbo is the Tech21 Clash Check case in smoke. Very protective and grippy.. but... when I put that smoky color vase on my Red Turbo... it looks really cool! Almost like a burgundy color.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is a picture...
f2fb937e3ed1aeb00647ab4954d89a23.jpg

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I have both the Diztronic and Tudia.
Diztronic is the winner for me.

My sister also has a droid turbo and she has three cases. Diztronic, Tudia and that clear one they sell at Verizon store. Her favorite is also the Diztronic.

Posted via the Android Central App

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Both versions are available on Amazon. If you want a medium weight TPU case, the Tudia (1.2 oz) and Diztronic (1.1 oz) are equivalent. I think the quality of the Tudia is a little higher wrt/ the cutouts. But, again, if you want the lightest and thinnest, it is the Cimo (0.8 oz). The scales don't lie. If you are considering going with a 1.1 oz case, I would suggest the Puregear shell. It is the closest thing to your feather shell case.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
do you know if the cimo is available in the kevlar or only the nylon?

i will getting the red, 32gb version.

thanks

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish that Cimo case didn't have that wave like design and was either straight see through or straight black or red

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish that Cimo case didn't have that wave like design and was either straight see through or straight black or red
Agreed for all but the below case design. I like that one for the Cimo, personally.
CimoCase.JPG

If I weren't a naked carrier (the phone, not me), I'd use this in combination with the surface clip holster.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my Turbo on Halloween, the options were considerably fewer than now. It was also less clear that some cases didn't fit both BN and MG versions of the Turbo (all the Verizon cases fit both).

So, the first case I ordered was the black X version Cimo directly from China. It turned out was for the MG version and I have the BN Turbo. It didn't fit (sides are too short).

I bring it up because I was very impressed with the quality and look of the case. I don't like the S design Cimo, but the X was pretty cool, although I do prefer a plain black.

I would recommend it highly, especially since you want the thinnest. Note that I too had a Feather shell for my Droid Maxx and I hated it. I couldn't see the point of using it. I do like the slimmest I can find, though and have historically used a silicone skin of some sort as my main case.

Beyond that I have both a black Tudia and a red Diztronic and they're both very nice. They seem to me to be about as thin as you can get. Definitley less bulky than an Otterbox Commuter or even the Verizon glossy silicone case (I have one in black), for example.

My guess would be the thinnest/lightest would still be a silicone gel skin, but they seem to have gone away to a large extent.