05-03-2015 05:09 AM
117 ... 2345
tools
    update on the J&D case.

had it for only 2 weeks about and it is already starting to peel on the on side near the buttons.
    Attachment 163668
    i decided to mail this case back for a refund as it might be defective after only a few weeks.

i still love the form factor of the case and ordered 2 before so now i will use the other one.

good thing for a backup.
    02-23-2015 03:51 PM
    i decided to mail this case back for a refund as it might be defective after only a few weeks.

i still love the form factor of the case and ordered 2 before so now i will use the other one.

good thing for a backup.
    My blue one still looks like new. Maybe you got a bad one?
    02-23-2015 11:01 PM
    My blue one still looks like new. Maybe you got a bad one?
    that is what i am thinking that i got a bad one considering yours is still perfect.

i am using my brand new red case now so hopefully that will remain in good shape.

i actually like the red case better than the black for my red phone.
    02-23-2015 11:31 PM
    that is what i am thinking that i got a bad one considering yours is still perfect.

i am using my brand new red case now so hopefully that will remain in good shape.

i actually like the red case better than the black for my red phone.
    I've been trying to talk myself into spending another $9 on the red case. I'm about to spend $30k on a second car, but I don't want to spend $9 on a second phone case.
    02-23-2015 11:46 PM
    Don't spend $30,000 on a second car. The red case? Go ahead and splurge. You don't need a second car. Moreover, not one that costs $30,000.

Signed,

Your Mom
    02-24-2015 04:42 PM
    Don't spend $30,000 on a second car. The red case? Go ahead and splurge. You don't need a second car. Moreover, not one that costs $30,000.

Signed,

Your Mom
    Get the car. Especially if it's a cool car.

Signed,

That guy your Mom doesn't like you hanging around with.

J/K
    02-24-2015 06:49 PM
    Hey gang. I took a little chance and ordered a MGF back plate for my Turbo on eBay. It was a genuine product with the LEDs for the flash built it. Came from somewhere in China. Took about a week to get here. Turns out to be a legit OEM replacement part. As a tech savvy engineer (lots of electronic builds), and a guitar player, I happened to have a plethora of guitar picks with with to attack the BN back of my dear Turbo. For reference, Fender mediums in yellow worked the best. Not my favorite for my guitars. But, I digress. It took all of 5 minutes. Pop, the BN was off and the new one on. Everything works just dandy. Now I have a 64 GB Turbo with black MGF backing wearing a JD slim case. It actually makes a noticeable difference in size and weight. The phone and JD case are about the same thickness as the BN alone. Luckily, I can put it back to stock just as quickly, if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-24-2015 11:16 PM
    Hey gang. I took a little chance and ordered a MGF back plate for my Turbo on eBay. It was a genuine product with the LEDs for the flash built it. Came from somewhere in China. Took about a week to get here. Turns out to be a legit OEM replacement part. As a tech savvy engineer (lots of electronic builds), and a guitar player, I happened to have a plethora of guitar picks with with to attack the BN back of my dear Turbo. For reference, Fender mediums in yellow worked the best. Not my favorite for my guitars. But, I digress. It took all of 5 minutes. Pop, the BN was off and the new one on. Everything works just dandy. Now I have a 64 GB Turbo with black MGF backing wearing a JD slim case. It actually makes a noticeable difference in size and weight. The phone and JD case are about the same thickness as the BN alone. Luckily, I can put it back to stock just as quickly, if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any issues? I think I wanna do it too!

Posted Turbo fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb Emp-Ed
    02-25-2015 12:17 AM
    Get the car. Especially if it's a cool car.

Signed,

That guy your Mom doesn't like you hanging around with.

J/K
    How can you be kidding? I was I'm for service on my 2012 Acura TSX and they gave me a loaner 2015 Acura TLX. I reallllllllyyyyyy want to come home with a second car that costs $45K lol.

...I'm a car addict. I admit it. Just as I am a phone addict. The first step to curing myself is admitting I have a problem. However, admitting also leads to me buying new toys because I figure "hey, I've got a problem mind as well embrace it!".

...okay I'm done.
    dungoyle likes this.
    02-25-2015 03:11 AM
    Any issues? I think I wanna do it too!

Posted Turbo fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb Emp-Ed
    So far so good. It charged overnight fine. Will try the wireless charger at work.

Update: works great on TYLT wireless charger at work and in the car. I'm sold. Nice having it thinner and lighter. The BN cases added a lot of weight. Now, are there alternatives to the J&D case? Maybe a little more protection, but the same shell design?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2015 05:30 AM
    As I've stated many times, I prefer to carry my phones sans-case (aka nekkid). However, If the time comes and my Tempered Glass Screen Protector does not protect my phone and the glass breaks, then I will cave in and put a case on it for additional protection upon receiving my one time free replacement from Verizon.

In preparation for this possibility, I've purchased the larger Seidio Clip holder which I had read would accommodate many of the thinner cases out there, and I've bought the Diztronic case as well as the Cimo to test. The Cimo was thin enough to fit into the holster and clip in with confidence. The Diztronic was not. It did "fit" into the case, but the clip was obviously under stress, and I would not be comfortable carrying the phone with that combination. I also felt that the Cimo was more comfortable in the hand than the Diztronic. Although the Diztronic is a very well made case, and not "thick" per se, it seemed to add just enough additional bulk to make it uncomfortable in my hand. Admittedly, I'm a small guy -- 5-5, 150 lbs, so the BN Turbo is already stretching the limits of what feels comfortable for me.

So, while I continue to carry sans-case with the smaller Seidio clip holster, I have a backup solution if I ever go that route using the large holster and Cimo (for now).
    Is this still working OK for you. I use the Verizon Combo Belt Clip Combo with Kickstand, simply to get the belt holster. Am I correct in reading that I could use my BL Turbo naked with the small Seidio Clip/Belt Holster?
    02-28-2015 02:19 PM
    Is this still working OK for you. I use the Verizon Combo Belt Clip Combo with Kickstand, simply to get the belt holster. Am I correct in reading that I could use my BL Turbo naked with the small Seidio Clip/Belt Holster?
    The "Spring-Clip" holster by Seidio is meant to be used with the naked Turbo.

SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Turbo
    02-28-2015 02:30 PM
    The "Spring-Clip" holster by Seidio is meant to be used with the naked Turbo.

SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for Motorola Droid Turbo
    OK, thanks.
    02-28-2015 02:44 PM
    i hate to report that my second J&D case after 2 days has started to peel on the side from regular use.

i hope that no one else is having this issue but it seems like that i am the only one.

2 cases / both peeling in less than 2 weeks and 1 of them in 2 days!

looks like i will have to go with the diztronic.

thinnest case available?-img_20150228_231319851.jpg
    02-28-2015 10:11 PM
    Wow, my J&D is still looks like new. Crazy. Maybe the blue color is extra tough.
    02-28-2015 11:09 PM
    Wow, my J&D is still looks like new. Crazy. Maybe the blue color is extra tough.
    hope so.

both the black and red did this.
    02-28-2015 11:11 PM
    hope so.

both the black and red did this.
    Good thing I spent my $9 on my new Jeep instead of a red case.
    02-28-2015 11:12 PM
    Yep, this is still my daily carry option: the Seido Spring Clip holster which will fit both versions of the naked Droid Turbo. It's very reliable, with no incidences of the phone popping out unintentionally, and an easy insert and removal experience.
    this_is_nascar likes this.
    03-01-2015 09:00 AM
    Been using the OtterBox Commuter( fairly thin) since the end of October for my turbo 64 with no screen protector ....heavy use nary a scratch on the screen... Also dropped it on pavement and concrete a number of times with no damage

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2015 10:52 AM
    I have the red with no peeling, but I am kind of OCD with phone case. Do you normally put phone face down, use clip in car, or hand has rings in contact with case...just wondering...seems your usage needs something with soft bumper around frame...thanks for input on your findings.
    03-02-2015 09:15 AM
    Good thing I spent my $9 on my new Jeep instead of a red case.
    You should have listened to your Mother.
    03-02-2015 09:25 AM
    I have the red with no peeling, but I am kind of OCD with phone case. Do you normally put phone face down, use clip in car, or hand has rings in contact with case...just wondering...seems your usage needs something with soft bumper around frame...thanks for input on your findings.
    i use the phone "normally" with no abuse.

no clip in the car, no rings, phone always up, etc..

i am glad no one else is having issues as this is the 2nd time for me.

just strange it has only happened to me.
    03-02-2015 11:07 AM
    Did you order from the supplier, or directly from the OEM? It's possible there was a bad batch from whatever distributor yours came from.
    03-02-2015 12:18 PM
    Did you order from the supplier, or directly from the OEM? It's possible there was a bad batch from whatever distributor yours came from.
    i ordered through amazon.
    03-02-2015 12:20 PM
    so i originally had the diztronic but returned it because i really liked the J&D case but with my issues with the J&D case, i decided to go back to the diztronic and had to order a new one since i returned the original diztronic i had.

i received the charcoal grey case today and it is like a dark grey.

i could have sworn the original one i had before was a light grey even though it was called charcoal grey.

am i color blind or maybe i just don't remember?

anyone else have the charcoal grey diztronic and is it lighter or darker?

please post a pic if you can.

thanks
    03-02-2015 01:54 PM
117 ... 2345