just did an upgrade from the droid maxx which i am sure that many people have had who now own the turbo.

decided against the nylon - 64gb as i did not care for the nylon and i don't need the extra memory as i never even come close to the 32gb.

from everything i read this phone is a big improvement compared to the droid maxx.

looking forward to receiving it soon.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-30-2015 06:28 PM
    You should be pleased. I came from the much older Razr Maxx. Huge difference.

Sent with my Kindle Fire HDX 7" via Tapatalk.
    01-30-2015 06:41 PM
    Ive had the turbo bn 32 for 2 months. Had the maxx too and my wife still does. I'm in construction so I otter box mine up and I've always liked a little heft to my phone. However I do think the ballistic is pretty cool when I see it on the weekends but to each their own. Had to get the 32 and so far I've been happy with that choice. I don't see myself having to choose what to keep on my phone and have always just left everything on there. So far I love the turbo screen (light years better than the maxx) but would love to have my maxx speaker back even though it was on the back. If you had it leaning against something vertical it would go toe to toe with an htc m7. I thought the maxx was extremely smooth with no lag and the turbo is the same if not better. The moto actions are also slightly better. They did change the dialer which irked me at first but after a couple weeks I didn't notice it anymore. I can't say whether or not its an improvement.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-30-2015 07:41 PM
    I just upgraded yesterday to a Turbo from a Maxx. I also didn't like the feel of the balistic nylon unlike most people so went with the metallic black. It's a bit faster, haven't had it long enough to test battery differences. It's a good upgrade, a little bigger that the Maxx which was originally my limit on size but now the Turbo is my limit haha
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-30-2015 08:08 PM
    welcome to the turbo community, enjoy your new phone, its a beast and one of the best phones out there.
    DatabaseMX likes this.
    01-31-2015 10:08 AM
    welcome to the turbo community, enjoy your new phone, its a beast and one of the best phones out there.
    thanks. i am excited to receive it.
    01-31-2015 10:25 AM
    That's the same jump I made. Maxx to Turbo.

In my experiences, and none of ours are going to be exactly the same, I am mostly happy with everything about the Turbo. My two complaints are:

1) The camera. It is simply significanlty worse than the Maxx camera for unknown reasons. Taking pictures in similar conditions with either, the Maxx at its end took better pics, and that just shouldn't be. If you take mainly outdoor pics of stationary objects, the Turbo is superior, but things like our daughter's basketball games are far worse with the Turbo camera than with the Maxx. I am hopeful this is a software fix, though.

2) The battery. Yes, the battery. This one is a mild complaint, but the other one that registers in my use of the phone for the past 3 months. Again, I'm comparing to my use with Maxx and not to other brand phones, the marketing claims, etc. I just think my bettery should be a bit better than it's been under the circumstances. The comparison is reasonably controlled (same locations, same carrier, same apps, etc.). Again, this is something that with Lollipop's promised battery use may come off the list, and as I said it is compariosn to the Maxx, which blows away most other phones anyway. Mild complaint.

It's funny, when I go back and pick up the Maxx, it feels so good in hand. The Turbo is just big enough to be too big. I'm used to it, but the Maxx was definitely the sweet spot for me size-wise.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy! I'm sure you'll be happy with it overall.
    01-31-2015 11:28 AM