more specifically in the New York/New Jersey Area( or northeast area) please share your results and speed tests. Please dont turn this thread into a debate about LTE bands and frequencies. I'm just looking for feedback on ACTUAL results with AT&T towers, no other carriers. Thanks !!
    02-01-2015 10:00 AM
    I don't live in that area, but I have a Turbo and tested the device with Straighttalk GSM, but will plan use it with CDMA LTE in my area. The GSM LTE speed is about 5-7mbps for download. But to use the Turbo full time, I have to deactivate the device on my Verizon account.

I am waiting on Verizon to release Lollipop so I can get the update applied cleanly, then I will use the Turbo for Straighttalk.
    02-01-2015 10:19 AM
    I don't live in that area, but I have a Turbo and tested the device with Straighttalk GSM, but will plan use it with CDMA LTE in my area. The GSM LTE speed is about 5-7mbps for download. But to use the Turbo full time, I have to deactivate the device on my Verizon account.

I am waiting on Verizon to release Lollipop so I can get the update applied cleanly, then I will use the Turbo for Straighttalk.
    what you just posted is my exact plan, after the update I'm going CDMA LTE in my area. Were the CDMA LTE speeds any different ? Does straight talk have the cap like Cricket does ? Cricket is capped at 8mbps. Anyone with real world use on AT&T towers in my area please chime in !!!
    02-01-2015 10:33 AM
    what you just posted is my exact plan, after the update I'm going CDMA LTE in my area. Were the CDMA LTE speeds any different ? Does straight talk have the cap like Cricket does ? Cricket is capped at 8mbps. Anyone with real world use on AT&T towers in my area please chime in !!!
    Straight talk doesn't cap your download or upload data speeds.. just your 3 gigs of high-speed data, I'm getting LTE on my nexus 5 on their at&t Sim..

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried straight talk with their Turbo ??-56767.jpg  
    02-06-2015 08:30 PM
    Straight talk doesn't cap your download or upload data speeds.. just your 3 gigs of high-speed data, I'm getting LTE on my nexus 5 on their at&t Sim..

are you using a on contract GSM AT&T Sim or a AT&T Go phone prepaid Sim ? What area are you in ? Thanks for speed test screen shot.

For some reason I thought ST did cap the up/down speeds like they do with Cricket, glad to see they do not, even more of a reason for me to get a ST sim !!
    02-07-2015 10:43 PM
    ahhh nevermind, I just realized you are using the ST at&T sim.
    02-07-2015 11:01 PM
    are you using a on contract GSM AT&T Sim or a AT&T Go phone prepaid Sim ? What area are you in ? Thanks for speed test screen shot.

For some reason I thought ST did cap the up/down speeds like they do with Cricket, glad to see they do not, even more of a reason for me to get a ST sim !!

As for what area I'm in, central Illinois, just 20 minutes outside of Springfield Illinois..

02-08-2015 06:32 PM
    As for what area I'm in, central Illinois, just 20 minutes outside of Springfield Illinois..

thanks, by any chance do you know which LTE band/bands your N5 are on most of the time in order to obtain at&t LTE ? also, when not on LTE are you on HSPA+42 ?? thanks.
    02-09-2015 09:21 AM
    thanks, by any chance do you know which LTE band/bands your N5 are on most of the time in order to obtain at&t LTE ? also, when not on LTE are you on HSPA+42 ?? thanks.
    So how exactly do you find that information? I'm not sure how to do that, just know that it says LTE in the top status bar, or changes to H or E when the coverage changes..

02-09-2015 06:43 PM
    The Droid Turbo specs LTE 1700Mhz & 2100Mhz, which is LTE band 4 which AT&T uses, but more commonly they have deployed band 17 (700b)
    LTE in the US is completely jacked up. Spectrum is split past all reconciliation. SO dont count on the Turbo dealing with AT&T's LTE worth anything, if at all. (Specs dont list the exact channels the turbo can do on band 4, so it may not be able to get AT&Ts.)
    As far as HSPA goes, HSPA+42 is not in the cards for the turbo, with a maximum speed of 16Mbit via WCDMA (GSM 3G) networks. So expect real world max on GSM 3G to be about 7 - 12 Mbit down, tops. Also only T-Mobile uses HSPA+42, so to get that you'd need to us ST TMobile sim. I got nothing good to say about TMo, and you know what mamma says. \
    02-10-2015 02:17 AM
    So how exactly do you find that information? I'm not sure how to do that, just know that it says LTE in the top status bar, or changes to H or E when the coverage changes..

there are several apps that tell you what band or bands you are on.
    02-10-2015 08:26 PM
    The Droid Turbo specs LTE 1700Mhz & 2100Mhz, which is LTE band 4 which AT&T uses, but more commonly they have deployed band 17 (700b)
    LTE in the US is completely jacked up. Spectrum is split past all reconciliation. SO dont count on the Turbo dealing with AT&T's LTE worth anything, if at all. (Specs dont list the exact channels the turbo can do on band 4, so it may not be able to get AT&Ts.)
    As far as HSPA goes, HSPA+42 is not in the cards for the turbo, with a maximum speed of 16Mbit via WCDMA (GSM 3G) networks. So expect real world max on GSM 3G to be about 7 - 12 Mbit down, tops. Also only T-Mobile uses HSPA+42, so to get that you'd need to us ST TMobile sim. I got nothing good to say about TMo, and you know what mamma says. \

A few corrections for ya sir, here are the specs

Bands

LTE Cat 4 (Bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 13)

CDMA/EVDO Rev A (850, 1900 MHz)

UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Carrier Aggregation (B4+13)
    02-10-2015 08:33 PM

i'm fine with those speeds.
    02-10-2015 08:36 PM