02-05-2015 03:10 PM
37 12
tools
    Wow! That may be the worst answer I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. If what you just said is accurate, then OEMs release updates to phones before the OEM ever sees the updates.
    And i never said i knew of Moto is testing 5.1, but you keep talking like you know for a fact that they're not. And actually, not putting incredibly buggy software on a phone is a pretty darn good reason to be taking this slow...no matter how much you try to spin it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Never made it sound like that ever, not sure where that ever came from and again HTC and samsung and even LG seem to be releasing 5.0 just fine motorola just can't seem to accomplish it in a timely manner. And again no where above did I say they just release a OS without ever seeing it I was saying the contrary that it probably hasn't been released to them yet making the same assumptions that you make
    02-04-2015 11:41 AM
    ...HTC and samsung and even LG seem to be releasing 5.0 just fine motorola just can't seem to accomplish it in a timely manner.
    As far as I know, the 2014 Motorola X was the first non-Google phone to get Lollipop - and the Verizon version received it in November, no less. The Moto G also now has Lollipop. I think that you're wrong to say that Motorola can't seem to accomplish it in a timely manner.

Relax - it will come when it comes. Hopefully, it will make the phone better, but the phone has very few major problems on KitKat anyway.
    02-04-2015 12:05 PM
    Never made it sound like that ever, not sure where that ever came from and again HTC and samsung and even LG seem to be releasing 5.0 just fine motorola just can't seem to accomplish it in a timely manner. And again no where above did I say they just release a OS without ever seeing it I was saying the contrary that it probably hasn't been released to them yet making the same assumptions that you make
    You said you know it's only being tested on Android One because that's the only device it's been seen on. In other words, until someone sees it on a different device, it can't possibly be in the testing process. But that Android One device was a newly unboxed device, meaning the OEM shipped it to someone. So they got it, saw 5.1, and at that moment(or later), the testing process begun (according to your theory that its only testing on one device because that's the only one that's been seen.) so, yes, you did infer that OEMs put update on phones before they see the updates.
    And I'm not making any assumptions. I'm laying out a possibility while admitting that i don't know that what I'm saying is actually the way things are. You are still talking as if you are stating facts although you have no clue. And since you seem completely unable to understand that - although I've said it repeatedly - i will kindly withdraw from this discussion now.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    02-04-2015 01:05 PM
    Ok... This is a joke now. I can understand getting bugs out... But how can you when Motorola (Lenovo) is taking forever to roll out the soak TEST. My former Galaxy S5 that my mother inherited from me just got the official Lollipop update too yet this newer device (Droid Turbo) is STILL not even tested. I'm beyond pissed!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-04-2015 01:32 PM
    I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "my phone was great on KitKat and now Lollipop sucks - why can't I go back?" posts....
    jerrykur, tlacour and Jay Evans like this.
    02-04-2015 02:28 PM
    Gonna step in here before things get ugly. Discussion and debate is good. However when it starts to turn personal and by that I mean taking stabs at one another then it has gone off course from being productive and nobody wants to read things when they turn personal against one another.

So please do continue but lets keep any finger pointing or personal feelings against one another at the door please

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC.
    Almeuit, jerrykur, Toes Up and 1 others like this.
    02-04-2015 02:42 PM
    I just updated my old S5 to 5.0 . Personally I hate it . I'm not a fan of all the freaking white .

Also i think some people are forgetting the Turbo has a lot of the features that are in 5.0 . So Moto needs to figure out how to make the OS work with out having a lot of conflicts and errors . Plus I'm hoping Moto has changed the background colors to Black.
    02-04-2015 07:03 PM
    Easy because 5.1 still hasn't been released and is still in testing by Google so motorola doesn't have possession of that yet. And I know because of the galaxy s5, moto x and HTC one all have had atleast one of their variants updated without issue.
    As a former Droid Maxx owner, what tdizzel posited is entirely possible. Last year the Droid Maxx got KK about a month after the Moto X, but then stayed there until 4.4.4, due to updates in between 4.4 and 4.4.4 having some fairly serious bugs. When they did update to 4.4.4, they ended up beating the Moto X to it. So we may see the same situation play out here, given the issues Google is having even with their Nexus devices.

But as others have said, I'd rather wait for a more polished update rather than get a buggy update just to say I got it.
    02-04-2015 07:11 PM
    I just updated my old S5 to 5.0 . Personally I hate it . I'm not a fan of all the freaking white .

Also i think some people are forgetting the Turbo has a lot of the features that are in 5.0 . So Moto needs to figure out how to make the OS work with out having a lot of conflicts and errors . Plus I'm hoping Moto has changed the background colors to Black.
    It's possible the Droid Turbo will go their own way, as far as the overabundance of white in the OS. The Maxx last year kind went their own way for awhile in terms of layout and design. However, I've also heard that Google has heard that many aren't happy with the all white layout, and supposedly they are planning a dark theme/variant for any device. Here's hoping.
    02-04-2015 07:16 PM
    In 5.1, Google has introduced a dark theme (as well as the white theme) due to complaints
    02-05-2015 12:59 PM
    I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "my phone was great on KitKat and now Lollipop sucks - why can't I go back?" posts....
    Ha! ^^ Every phone I've ever had that went through a major upgrade.

Weeks leading up to upgrade: "Hurry, Hurry, HURRY...WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?!?!"

The day after the upgrade: "Why did they release it with all these bugs? It ran so much better on (insert last version). Can I go back?"
    doogald, vzwuser76 and mobrules like this.
    02-05-2015 02:12 PM
    In 5.1, Google has introduced a dark theme (as well as the white theme) due to complaints
    this makes me happy, coming from a windows phone with a very unified dark theme, android ui is all over the place and blinding me.
    02-05-2015 03:10 PM
37 12