08-01-2015 11:32 PM
45 12
tools
    ive thought about it but then Id probably be on it more than I should, and no I dont have a hard bump, seems perfectly smooth and curved like it should be and no sense of static. THere is a muffle when its in the lifeproof but that doesnt count
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-07-2015 10:26 AM
    ive thought about it but then Id probably be on it more than I should, and no I dont have a hard bump, seems perfectly smooth and curved like it should be and no sense of static. THere is a muffle when its in the lifeproof but that doesnt count
    As you said that muffle is normal with the Lifeproof case. No bump for you too. My luck has been horrible then, lol.
    02-07-2015 06:54 PM
    I wish I could see in person what this bump looks like, interesting. I know this was said earlier in the thread but what if you take the back off, I too have heard its very easy, and just see what it is?
    02-08-2015 10:59 AM
    I wish I could see in person what this bump looks like, interesting. I know this was said earlier in the thread but what if you take the back off, I too have heard its very easy, and just see what it is?
    I watched a video and didn't see a bump so I'm out of luck there. I don't want to void my warranty so taking it apart isn't an option.
    02-08-2015 12:14 PM
    Just to add to the pool.. I haven't been able to detect a bump in the location specified (or anywhere, for that matter). And my speakers have no static that I have noticed.
    02-08-2015 07:30 PM
    Just to add to the pool.. I haven't been able to detect a bump in the location specified (or anywhere, for that matter). And my speakers have no static that I have noticed.
    Lucky.

I'm just listening to SiriusXM and the static is annoying.
    02-08-2015 08:42 PM
    Hmm, really I've found that bump! Weird...

PS I guess this is the reason:
    A bump in the Nylon + Speaker Static?-turbo.png
    02-08-2015 11:37 PM
    Hmm, really I've found that bump! Weird...

PS I guess this is the reason:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	516.6 KB 
ID:	162577
    I don't think so. Every device I've felt had the bump above where that's at. Sliding my finger left would meet the camera / mic hole to a degree where as that wouldn't ever do so.

However, nothing else sticks out so I don't know.

Edit: Unless you mean that "hole" in the tan tape. That seems more like the area. But that would mean something isn't properly in place. I just want to know what it is! Lol
    02-09-2015 12:43 AM
    to me that photo does show what the creaking sound when you press on the back is. I would bet its the wireless charging pad. The ballistic nylon back isnt 100% rigid, its probably pretty flexible (but strong) so when you press it your probably hitting the charging pad. Im sure it isnt bad
    02-09-2015 08:49 AM
    to me that photo does show what the creaking sound when you press on the back is. I would bet its the wireless charging pad. The ballistic nylon back isnt 100% rigid, its probably pretty flexible (but strong) so when you press it your probably hitting the charging pad. Im sure it isnt bad
    Its not creaking though that I'm heading. The charging pad is creating the crunching noise though. I'm getting speaker static.
    02-09-2015 12:07 PM
    Yea creaking and crunching I meant the same thing lol. Thats a different issue though
    02-09-2015 03:14 PM
    I got my replacement phone today and the first thing I looked for was the bump. Its not there, so I went to test the sound. No static!

So add another phone to the no bump = no static.

I have to order another Diztronic case though because the bump has deformed the case slightly.
    MA2GA28 and KA1OTE like this.
    02-10-2015 11:52 AM
    jeez it was bad enough to deform the case? I want to see one of these bumps. Im curious. If I were you id have taken it apart before exchanging it, they wouldnt have known and wouldnt have matteres
    02-10-2015 01:24 PM
    jeez it was bad enough to deform the case? I want to see one of these bumps. Im curious. If I were you id have taken it apart before exchanging it, they wouldnt have known and wouldnt have matteres
    It didn't deform horribly but it pushes out slightly now. I could live with it but the case is only $10.
    02-10-2015 01:57 PM
    I had the bump and still have the static.

What is odd is that the bump is smaller than it was. It's almost gone away. The only time I have static that is an issue is when I dial someone and the phone is ringing. After that, the static is gone. I also don't have static when listening to music or videos on the speaker (which is rare).
    02-11-2015 09:46 AM
    I had the bump and still have the static.

What is odd is that the bump is smaller than it was. It's almost gone away. The only time I have static that is an issue is when I dial someone and the phone is ringing. After that, the static is gone. I also don't have static when listening to music or videos on the speaker (which is rare).
    Very odd. No idea how the bump could shrink since its very firm and hard.
    02-11-2015 02:09 PM
    FINALLY!!! I have the same issues. I have a bump on the back of mine between the camera and the flash. I also have a slight static issue, but not as bad as the 1st phone I had. I thought I was crazy or something, but it's comforting that other people are having the same issues. Did you get it fixed yet?
    07-12-2015 11:55 PM
    FINALLY!!! I have the same issues. I have a bump on the back of mine between the camera and the flash. I also have a slight static issue, but not as bad as the 1st phone I had. I thought I was crazy or something, but it's comforting that other people are having the same issues. Did you get it fixed yet?
    Yes, a replacement device fixed the issue. All Droid Turbos will create a slight static if the sound has a certain pitch but mine was doing it on everything. This includes Hulu videos which shouldn't have done it.

My buddy even got a Turbo and when he went in the representative asked if he was looking for that bump that causes static. Of course he was! I told him to.
    07-13-2015 05:36 AM
    I'm glad you got it fixed. The static is only on certain sounds, but i'm still not happy. If this phone has premium audio, it would the best phone hands down. It's not a major thing, just a little annoying. My bump has not gone down in size. It has stayed the same for a month. Thanks for the reply.
    08-01-2015 09:22 PM
    I'm glad you got it fixed. The static is only on certain sounds, but i'm still not happy. If this phone has premium audio, it would the best phone hands down. It's not a major thing, just a little annoying. My bump has not gone down in size. It has stayed the same for a month. Thanks for the reply.
    You'll always have static on certain sounds. It's unfortunate because it annoys me so I have to select my ringtones based on the lack of static. Still though, love the phone and wouldn't switch all things considered.
    08-01-2015 11:32 PM
45 12