Recommend a Windshield Mount

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Looking for a suction-cup based mount for my Turbo. I want to use it to use for hands-free calls and possibly video recording what's in front of me. The ability to have it charging would be fine, but not mandatory.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Iottie. I have purchased several in the past and this seems to work the best. Fyi...look up the rules governing what you can apply to your windshield. State of CA won't let you put anything unless, its mounted to the lower left hand corner within a few inches from the bottom.

So, I had mine mounted to the dash. That worked ok at tended to wiggle a bit and when it got warm outside, it would need to be reapplied. I wound up with a Satechi cupholder mount. That seemed to work out the best.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree - iOttie OneTouch XL. It's great, the suction cup will stick to anything, it's very easy to put the phone in the mount and also to remove it.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
... before I order, you guys know for sure that it fits the Turbo and doesn't block the camera?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
USER BEWARE: If you have the Verizon Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand on the Droid Turbo and expect to be able to use the iOttie Easy One Touch XL Car Mount, you'll be disappointed. The side clamps do not extent far enough to securely clamp the phone to the back-plate. The shell holster makes the Turbo too thick to be safely secured with the clamps. I had high hopes for this case, but it's not going to cut it for me. I feel the slightest bump while driving will allow the Turbo to come right out of this case and cause it tall.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also found the iOttie holders to not work well anyway due to the BN Turbo's design. They use a button compression system to lock the phone, but shoving the phone in there would put a lot of pressure on the BN. And if you don't really push it in hard, it teeters on the button, making it unstable.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I tried a few, and was unhappy with them all for one reason or another. Either they didn't hold the phone securely, had grips that covered/pressed the volume rocker, or just had shoddy construction.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an iBolt Xpro Dock (only use it on long trips). It seems to be pretty well made and has functioned fine for me

Posted via the Turbo

eabaggot

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I got a Scosche IUHW9 which has a flexible gooseneck and a clamp that holds the phone very securely. It also releases the phone easily with a button on the back of the cradle, and it does not interfere with either the sound buttons or the charging port. I saw it at Best Buy for about 20$ but have not seen it since, and it is not visible on the Scosche website, although the "Stuckup 4-in-1 Universal Mounting Kit" is close. My particular model might be out of production now.
The window sucker is very strong, but the neck can wobble the teeniest bit, which can throw off the bluetooth link. I have it set so the phone is just over the dash, and have some foam stuffed between the cradle and the dash to damp vibration. It actually does not look bad. Overall, I am happy with it.
A lot of windshield mounts are unsatisfactory if you are like me and have a really sloping windshield.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670